WTS Model 70 .270

Discussion in 'Guns For Sale' started by Greywolf18, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Greywolf18

Greywolf18 Well-Known Member

I bought this rifle when it was announced that Winchester was closing out. I think I may have put 1, maybe 2 boxes through it. I just never shoot it and I need to start emptying the safe to fund a custom build I want to do, I have a 30-06 that I want to turn into a 6.5-06 which would replace this 270 anyways. I was really looking for a 270 WSM, but this was all I could get my hands on at that time. I am asking $425 which includes shipping. If you are around New Bern, NC I am asking $400 which will save me the $25 for sending it via my local FFL. Thanks for looking.

2. parrett

parrett New Member

Can you describe the rifle? Is it a New Haven gun? Stainless or blued, synthetic or wood and lastly, is it a classic action?

Thanks,

Dan

3. johnnyk

johnnyk Well-Known Member

Greywolf18,
    Any pics? Didn't realize you were from New Bern. I grew up around Beulaville and used to pour conrete with my uncle in New Bern. My wife went to school in N.B. also. JohnnyK.

4. Greywolf18

JonnyK, I'm stationed up in Norfolk, VA as of last month, and I go home to New Bern on the weekends.

I'll post some pics this weekend when I get back there. The rifle is a blued barrel, synthetic stock. I believe it was built in New Haven, but I'm not sure. I bought it brand new right after they announced they were going to stop making the Model 70.

5. Greywolf18

I also forgot to mention that it has a limbsaver pad as well

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Greywolf18

Anyone have an offer?