• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS Leupold Mark 4 M1 16X40mm

FS is a lightly used Leupold Mark 4 M1 16X40mm scope with 3/4 Mil Dot, 30mm tube and sun shade. The scope has light marks from the rings on the bottom of the tube and a couple little paint nicks on the side focus and windage nob. See pictures for blemishes.
$1300 OBO

Will ship insured to lower 48 and reserve the right to approve potential buyers. No deals are final until we work out all the details over the telephone. Be aware there may be multiple offers on the table.

Attachments

• image-1.jpeg
    image-1.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image-2.jpeg
    image-2.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 17
  • image-3.jpeg
    image-3.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 19
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    329.2 KB · Views: 17
I'm sorry to have to tell you this but that is not a genuine Leupold scope it is a fake. You can tell by the markings on the box and the markings on the bottom of the turrets. A true Leupold does not have mark 4 etched on the bottom. Sorry I hope you didn't pay too much for it

Not sure about the box but I do know that the fixed versions (10x40 & 16x40) indeed have mark 4 etched in the bottom. As well, these don't have the gold medallion either. Those are on the variable mark 4s

If there is any doubt, call their tech support, give them a serial number and they will tell you if it is genuine or not. I've done that a couple times. Fortunately, mine are all genuine!

BTW, what is 3/4 mil? I know what 3/4 OF a mil is but I'm not familiar with a 3/4 mil reticle

I'm just going by what the leupold website says about recognizing a counterfeit scope. It says "Every" scope has the gold L and shows an example of a Chinese fake with "mark 4" etched on the bottom.

I got the scope directly from Leupold when I worked for Bass Pro and my name is also on the bottom of the bottom of the scope. The serial # is 107899k, so you can look it up.

I must retract my previous post I am sorry for being uninformed about the fixed power scopes. I contacted Leupold and gave them the serial number they informed me that this is indeed a Leupold mark 4 produced in the late 90's that the packaging is correct and everything is consistent with the serial number. The Leupold rep also informed me that they have not heard of anyone producing a fake of this scope so it is a safe bet.