• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS Custom Savage Striker option 2

winmagman

Put this together about a year and a half ago to hunt shotgun/pistol areas, now regs have changed and intrest has waned so I'm putting it up for sale.

HPIM1009.jpg

HPIM1007.jpg

Specs:
Single shot
Savage Striker push feed action
Pac nor Super Match barrel chambered in 6.5 wssm(super short) finished at 17"
SSS tactical bolt handle, barrel nut, and recoil lug
Rile Basix trigger
Stoney Point turrets (not pictured but included)
Joel Russo stock
This case MidwayUSA - Bulldog Hybrid Assualt/Tactical Rifle Gun Case 31" FN PS90, FS2000 Rifles Nylon Black
Burris 2x7 scope, used and came with the original Striker, Glass is fine, outside looks used but not beaten.

Barrel was properly broken in and has less than 75 rounds down it. Even with my limited ability it's shot sub moa at 100 and 300 yds.

In the intrest of full disclosure I've got to say the only knock on this rig is ejection. Due to the shortness of the wssm case and the need to use a plunger type ejector, the extractor will not hold the empty long enough to get it out of the ejection port, drops it back on the follower. Easy to find your empties, not so quick on follow up shots.

Asking $800 + shipping to your ffl, bipod not included

Chris

Last edited:
Re: WTS Custom Savage Striker

What are you making the brass from? is there any brass with it? Also what bullets and velocity are you getting?

Re: WTS Custom Savage Striker- option 2

Parent case is the 25 wssm, I just use a set of Redding S type bushing dies(25 wssm) with a .296 bushing for sizing. Seating is done with the 25 wssm seater just have to turn the stem way out till you get the desired oal.

I have a rifle chambered in this round as well and would like to keep what brass I have since it's already prepped. Latest batch required neck turning as the chamber neck is .303 and a loaded round measured .302, so I took off .0015 a side. I suppose I can part with 50 pcs. (twice fired)

I have only shot the 130 gr Scirocco & Accubond and the 140 gr Amax through it with Re 22, velocities run 2490-2520 with the 130s and 2460ish with the 140s. I suspect the Re 22 is to slow for this rig but just haven't tried anything faster.

Chris

Last edited:
Any intrest in just the action, stock, and scope? I've got no problem pulling the barrel and selling it seperately.

I can re-install the standard .473 bolt head or leave the mag head.....your choice.

Say $600 + shipping for everything but the barrel.

Chris

Last edited:
BC here's a list of the items at Midway, If I remember right I bought the dies as a set but I didn't see them listed. I'll take a peak at Reddings site and see if they have the set and the price. Total from Midway is about $96.

MidwayUSA - Redding Type S Bushing Full Length Sizer Die 25 Winchester Super Short Magnum (WSSM)

MidwayUSA - Redding Seater Die 25 Winchester Super Short Magnum (WSSM)

MidwayUSA - Redding Neck Sizer Die Bushing 296 Diameter Steel

Redding lists the set for $84 without the bushing, so it would be about the same from either place.

Chris

Last edited:
I am interested in your rig--would you consider selling it without the scope
if so please give me a quote

thanks W.

Chris, Is there any chance you would sell just the action and stock. With the .473 bolt face.