• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Custom 260 Rem 700, Brougton 5c, H-S Stock

tashabay716

For sale: Custom 260 Remington 700 with stainless steel 8 twist Broughton 5c barrel with H-S double palm swell stock and PTG bolt with sako extractor. Rifle built by SSG (Straight Shot Gunsmithing) in North Dakota. I purchased this gun from another member a few weeks ago and in my rush to mount a scope to the gun, I snapped off a scope mount bolt head in the action (see picture). I ordered a bolt extraction tool from Brownells and proceeded to snap that tool also. So, I assume that all the mounting holes in the action will need to be drilled to 8-40 and retapped. I am in the process of moving to another state, so I really do not have the time to deal with my compounding errors on this gun. I think the guy I purchased it from said it cost around $2,200.00 to build and he thought if had 250-300 rounds down the tube. Barrel is 26 inches long and .830 at the muzzle with an 11 degree target crown. Trigger is old style fully adjustable set at 2.5lbs by SSG. Asking $1,200.00 for the gun as is shipped to your FFL. Or if a gunsmith here on the forum is interested in removing the damaged bolt and re-threading to 8-40, I would like a price quote for performing that work.

Attachments

• O_backresized.JPG
    O_backresized.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 7
  • O_frontresized.JPG
    O_frontresized.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 13
  • O_broken.JPG
    O_broken.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 7
  • O_action.JPG
    O_action.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 7
  • O_rem700.JPG
    O_rem700.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 8
If you have access to a welder, take a nut the same size as the snapped off nut and weld the broken off piece to the nut. Essentially you are turning it into a bolt. I snapped off a screw a couple months ago and that's how I got mine out. Mine was below the action surface, yours looks like it sticks out a little so it should theoretically be easier.

cody,
Thanks for that suggestion, I might give that a try.
To answer some PM questions:
Barrel is NOT flutted.
Previous owner said the rifle shot 1/2 MOA or better.
"260 Rem Match" is engraved on one side of the barrel and "SSG with three crosses" engraved on the other side.

Bottom metal is silver and in perfect condition.
Bolt is a 2 piece PTG bolt -specs available on PTG website.
Action was completely blue printed with raceways lapped and PTG bolt fitted by SSG.
Broken bolt tip is currently sticking into the action preventing the bolt from being removed.