• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Berger .243 (6mm) 105gr Hunting VLD's - box of 100

• Thread starter Miller Outdoors
  • Start date
M

Miller Outdoors

*gone* WTS: Berger .243 (6mm) 105gr Hunting VLD's - box of 100

For sale: Berger .243 (6mm) 105gr Hunting VLD's - 100/box

This is a full box of 100 bullets. The package was opened to look at the bullets, but none were used.

$35 to your door via USPS Priority Mail.
Will take money order, paypal or check in that order of preference.

Would trade these for a box of the 95gr hunting VLD's. My 6mm twist isn't fast enough to stablilze the 105's. Would also consider trades of .308 Berger Hunting VLD's up to 190gr.

Last edited by a moderator:
1:9 twist in my Rem Mod 7. I haven't shot them to verify, but right on the box it says the bullet needs 1:8 or faster to stabilize so I'm going to try the 95's.

Swapped my 308 barrel for a 6mm br so I have 63 Berger 30 cal 168 VLD's, 22 Nosler 30 cal 165 BT and 10 Hornady 30 cal 165 SST's.

Let me know if you would be interested in a trade.

Thanks

Matt

The reason I ask is that I'm building a .243 with a 1-9" twist hoping that it will stablize the longer bullets and not over-spin the lighter ones.
Has anyone shot a 58 grain BT through a 1-8" twist barrel? Will they nose over and not glide, or will they just explode/come apart around 100 yds?
I REALLY want to be able to shoot both but I guess I'm asking too much of one rifle to do all things.
Comments?

I'd build a 1-8 twist if I were going to shoot the 105s exclusively but I'd like to shoot lighter bullets as well without having them explode partway downrange.

Sorry for highjacking this thread.

Why not just shoot the 105's?
Because my barrel twist isn't fast enough to properly stabilize the bullets according to the manufacturer of the bullets. So, I'll shoot a lighter bullet and avoid the potential instability issues that arise when shooting too heavy a bullet for the rifle's twist rate. Bullet instability affects accuracy and performance in a big way.

Recent Posts