• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS APS X.H.S. 338 Allen Xpress

jedlowe

With medical school expenses looming, I am having to sell what has come to be my favorite long range rifle. Without further ado, here are the specs.

APS 338 Allen Xpress Extreme Hunter Series Rifle

--BAT HRPIC receiver (integral recoil lug and integral 20 moa base)
--Lilja #7 contour 1-10 twist barrel, heavy flutes, 26" length
--McMillan A5 Stock with saddle-style cheek piece, two studs in front one in rear
--Jewell trigger adjusted to 1.5 lbs
--APS Painkiller Muzzle brake
--Seekins DM bottom metal including one mag

Included with this rifle will be 47 pieces of brass that were fireformed with mild loads and fired with full tilt loads twice. I ended up losing three pieces last fall while hunting. That puts the round count at 150. This rifle will not include reloading dies as my dad has a 338 AX and we share the dies. You can get dies from Kirby for a reasonable cost.

This is easily a 1/4 moa rifle. Three shot groups at 300 yards are usually touching if I do my part. It is extremely accurate. As I write this, I keep trying to talk myself out of selling it.

It is everything you want in a long range rig being accurate, fairly compact, and not too bad to carry around. I don't have a scale on hand to get a really accurate weight, but 12-13 lbs for the bare rifle is pretty close.

My load in this rifle pushes the 300 SMK at 2950 fps. It is not a hot load and as mentioned previously is extremely accurate.

I need $4000.00 for this rifle which will include shipping in a hard case.

10dflo8.jpg

15flieq.jpg

mkgkl3.jpg

Morning

Would you confirm the brass for the express is 338 laupa , not 338 Chey-tac brass.

Would like to talk with you ,could you call me 608-333-5912

Thanks Jeffgun)

This is a great rifle, I have the exact same one and it shoots awesome. Kirby does great work and it's a tac driver.