• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB/Trade: Mark-V Alaskan .257 and .340 Weatherby

Buano

Looking for a Mark-V Alaskan rifles in .257 & .340 Weatherby. This was the "stainless" Weatherby Mark-V that was actually nickel plated & only made for a few years. Anyone have one?

I can do cash or trades. Let me know what you have & your best price.

If you search under stainless Weatherby on GB, you'll often find them. Rarely are they correctly labeled, so look at the configuration.

Tried send you a PM but your mailbox is full and can't accept any more messages.

Thanks for spotting this. I sent the seller the correct info on the rifle and asked if it was for sale without the scope, rings, bases, and brake. We'll see if there is a reasonable price.

I'd take the brake as a finders fee. :D

I'd take the brake as a finders fee. :D

Brakes are nice for bench-work & phenomenal for long-range work when ear protection isn't a hindrance. When carrying a rifle through the timber, I want to hear an elk or deer so I can't wear earplugs. I also want to avoid blowing my eardrums out from the muzzle-blast a brake sends back at the shooter. I'm looking for a Weatherby Mark-V in .340 Weatherby as it's the most powerful elk rifle & cartridge I can shoot comfortably without a brake.

I already have a .338-.378 with a brake & a .375 H&H that's Magna-Ported to use when I can hunt with a brake.

You may get lucky. If the seller gives me a price that I see as reasonable for the rifle alone & still sends along the brake, I'm sure I'll unload the brake cheaply.

I've got a 340 Alaskan with a brake, and a spare one won't hurt at all. My Dad has been to the seller's store as he had a customer near there, but I have not.

Shooting this rifle in the wide open isn't necessarily a problem. I was amazed when shooting it off the edge of a low cliff in the wide open how quiet it was.
Don't shoot it in the woods, though, and expect to hear much the next couple of days...
2 months later I purchased electronic in-ear hearing protection which works very well to amplify the small sounds and block out the loud ones.

Good luck on the purchase.