• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB synthetic stock for Sako L61r/AIII

Me too,but got tired of looking and ordered one from McMillan. Seemed like a long wait but not as long as waiting for one to come available.

Good luck with your search. Mines not for sale, just thought I'd post a pic to gander.
sako15.jpg

I called McMillan. Those stocks sound great, but I don't want to spend $1000 on stock at this point. I'd prefer to buy a new lightweight rifle which is one of my main desires right now.

Well, I got lucky and found one on eBay. It's a Bell & Carlson. I just received it and my barrel and action fit well. I'm not crazy about the camo pattern on it, but found out I can send it in to be repainted for $50. If I do that then I will probably replace the butt pad b/c it's fairly worn. Before I do that, I plan to get a new scope. I need something lightweight (1 lb), but I want high power for out west. The best choice seems to be the most expensive - Swarovski. I'm looking for a Z5...prefer 5-25x but may settle for 3-18 to keep it at 1 lb and for better price.

I called McMillan. Those stocks sound great, but I don't want to spend $1000 on stock at this point. I'd prefer to buy a new lightweight rifle which is one of my main desires right now.

Well, I got lucky and found one on eBay. It's a Bell & Carlson. I just received it and my barrel and action fit well. I'm not crazy about the camo pattern on it, but found out I can send it in to be repainted for $50. If I do that then I will probably replace the butt pad b/c it's fairly worn. Before I do that, I plan to get a new scope. I need something lightweight (1 lb), but I want high power for out west. The best choice seems to be the most expensive - Swarovski. I'm looking for a Z5...prefer 5-25x but may settle for 3-18 to keep it at 1 lb and for better price.

Good job, great find!

I was looking at McMillan too, but didn't want to spend that much for a stock for a stock rifle. I thought they started about $540 or so, not $1,000. I'd rather put that much into my custom I'm saving for.

I wanted a synthetic as well, not wood. My only available inexpensive option I could find were the Boyd's stocks and went with a featherweight thumbhole with 1" Decelerator that I'll have to live with for about $175 shipped. Just waiting on it's arrival.