• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Sendero in Wby

kiltednerd

Sorry, my number keys don't always work. I am looking for a Sendero in 300Wby. I have seen a few for around a grand, until I am looking for one. If you guys see one, let me know....

Last edited:
Sorry for that. My number keys at the top of my keyboard do not work anymore and I keep forgetting it...

I have looked at the accumark but from what I read, the Sendero has had a few more refinements done for a more accurate shot out of the box. If that isn't correct, I am all for it. I already have 3 Weatherbys and love them, but they are shorter range guns....

I have owned at least two of each, 700 Sendero's in 300 WIN and Accumarks in 300 WBY. My opinion is, they are both great rifles out of the box, but a trigger tune, bedding of the front lug and a barrel float will help them both.

If it were me, and I wanted another 300 WBY I would choose an Accumark. But if I wanted a 300 Win, I would go with the 700 Sendero.

The main difference here is not Sendero or Accumark, but it is 300 WBY and 300 Win and the price of the ammo. If you are a reloader, once you get your brass the price to shoot each will be equal. If you are buying factory ammo there is a huge difference in ammo price.

As far as accuracy out of the box, both are great choices.

Jeff

I have been trying to decide between the Sendero 300RUM and the Accumark 300Wby

From all I read, both have a small advantage over the 300Win. That's when I saw the Sendero in 300Wby..... I may end up with an accumark since I can get it in LH.

From all I read, both have a small advantage over the 300Win.

If we are talking simply velocity, yes both the 300 RUM and the 300 WBY are faster than the WIN. But if we are talking accuracy to 1000 yards..... well, I now shoot a 300 Win. Not that the others are not accurate at 1000, they sure can be. But look and see what is holding more 1000 yard bench titles.

Good luck, if I see something I will let you know.

Jeff

Thanks for all the info, I am mainly looking for a hunting rifle that is flat as possible out to 300 yards. I would love a 30-378 but the price and ammo price make it seem not worth it.....

I have owned 30-378's too. Great rifle but probably not needed for only 300 yards.

Just FYI, a 300 Win sighted in with a 210 Berger to be dead on at 250 yards is 2 1/4" high at 100 and 3" low at 300 yards. If you were to use 180 or 190 gr bullets it should b a bit flatter too.

Not trying to sell you on a 300 Win, but factory ammo is abundant and a 300 win Sendero should be easy to find for less money. I am looking at two right now I may buy.

Jeff

If we are talking simply velocity, yes both the 300 RUM and the 300 WBY are faster than the WIN. But if we are talking accuracy to 1000 yards..... well, I now shoot a 300 Win. Not that the others are not accurate at 1000, they sure can be. But look and see what is holding more 1000 yard bench titles.

Good luck, if I see something I will let you know.

Jeff

Broz,

don't you think that the 300 Win likely holds more titles and/or records due to its general popularity, ammo and brass availability, etc as much as anything? I would be hard pressed to believe that the 300 Win/Wby/RUM is more accurate than one of the others of the trio.

Broz,

don't you think that the 300 Win likely holds more titles and/or records due to its general popularity, ammo and brass availability, etc as much as anything? I would be hard pressed to believe that the 300 Win/Wby/RUM is more accurate than one of the others of the trio.

I don't truely know. I have never shot rifle competition. But in a discussion with Tim at Broghton barrels the other day. I was ordering my new 300 Win barrel and he indicated that he thought the 300 win had yet to be out done on a regular basis at 1000 yard competition. I feel the professionals would surely shoot what ever is best and I do remember one record being had with a 300 Wby, So for a fact , I don't know... But I do know I have owned some of each and I know what my personal preference is.

Jeff