• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Savage recoil lug for Accu Stock

jb1023

Looking for a recoil lug that will fit a Savage Accu Stock.

I called Savage but they won't see me one because my gun did not come with the Accu Stock.

Looking for a recoil lug that will fit a Savage Accu Stock.

I called Savage but they won't see me one because my gun did not come with the Accu Stock.

I don't know what cartridge you are running but if it is a heavy recoiling cartridge I'd highly recommend a thicker and hardened lug. You'll need to mill the accustock aluminum rail slot slot out a little but it will keep the un-hardened thin lug from bending.

Trust me ! This bent factory accustock recoil lug is from a 270wsm.

Attachments

• 20160807_164054.jpg
    20160807_164054.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 23
I don't know what cartridge you are running but if it is a heavy recoiling cartridge I'd highly recommend a thicker and hardened lug. You'll need to mill the accustock aluminum rail slot slot out a little but it will keep the un-hardened thin lug from bending.

Trust me ! This bent factory accustock recoil lug is from a 270wsm.
Wow, I've never heard of that happening before. This is going to eventually be a 6.5x55 so I probably don't need to worry about it. If I did need to are you saying to take a "common" lug, the straight angled ones that most rifles seem to use, and mill the stock to fit?

With that cartridge you won't have to worry about it.

But yes I milled the lug sides to the profile of the origional lug, and milled the accustock rail out forword to accept the thicker lug.

Wow, I've never heard of that happening before. This is going to eventually be a 6.5x55 so I probably don't need to worry about it. If I did need to are you saying to take a "common" lug, the straight angled ones that most rifles seem to use, and mill the stock to fit?

With that cartridge you won't have to worry about it.

But yes I milled the lug sides to the profile of the origional lug, and milled the accustock rail out forword to accept the thicker lug.

I would personally still go with a thicker (in the .240" - .250" range) after market recoil lug ... but that's just me. :):Dgun)

Apparently my stock is a gen1 which came with the "wedge". It would seem I can still put a standard lug in with the milling of the stock but should I then bed the lug to fill in all that now empty space in front of the lug? Many say that bedding an accustock is not worth the hassle as nothing will be gained but with changing the lug type I'm wondering if maybe it would now be worth it?

Attachments

• Action inlet_cleaned.jpg
    Action inlet_cleaned.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 20
Apparently my stock is a gen1 which came with the "wedge". It would seem I can still put a standard lug in with the milling of the stock but should I then bed the lug to fill in all that now empty space in front of the lug? Many say that bedding an accustock is not worth the hassle as nothing will be gained but with changing the lug type I'm wondering if maybe it would now be worth it?

My 10BA had the wedge, I threw it away.:) and just bedded it like a normal stock. You could get a new lug and shoot it with out bedding and wedge it to see how well it shoots. You may not have to bed it.