WTB Savage barrels

Discussion in 'Guns For Sale' started by katcher, Dec 28, 2006.

1. katcher

katcher Member

WTB Savage rifle barrels...7mm-08 and 22-250. Prefer something heavy but will consider all. For two Striker projects. Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John (katcher)

2. robbog77

robbog77 Member

i have a 22-250 blued varmit barrel that i took off of my model 12.it has been shot less than 200 times.it is a 12twist.asking $100
    thanks

3. katcher

katcher Member

Thanks for the reply. What contour is it? Thanks.

John

4. katcher

katcher Member

ok, I found out this will work. Is the condition of the barrel ok, no scratches, etc... Would like you to email me at [e2company@sbcglobal.net] with the mailing address, etc...for the funds. Thanks.

John

5. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

I have a sporter barrel in 7mm-08, stainless steel, large thread shank, about 50 rounds down it. Took it off and made a 260.

6. katcher

katcher Member

I'm not real educated about large shank or small...what model rifle did it come off of? Thanks for your help.

John

7. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Came off a model 11 with a g preffix on the serial number. Savage chambered the ultra mags to recievers that had a larger thread diameter, some of these recievers had standard chambered barrels screwed on, thus the larger thread diameter. I believe small shanks are 1.055" and large are 1.115"

I would guess that the strikers are small shank. For this barrel to work you would have to turn down the threads on a lathe. Not a big deal if you have access to one.