• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Ruger 375 RCM guide gun

I have a Sako 85 Brown Bear with a laminate stock in 375 H&H with a 21 1/4" barrel that has been pillar bedded and accurized by Hill Country Rifles that shoots lights out with factory ammo or handloads if you are interested.

Would let it go for a song as it is now just sitting in the safe. PM me if interested.

Attachments

• IMG-20130216-00059 (3).jpg
    IMG-20130216-00059 (3).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 375 H&H 285 Grand Slam (2).jpg
    375 H&H 285 Grand Slam (2).jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 11
Can you find factory 375 Ruger ammo in the hardware store in Alaska? Guarenteed to find the 375 HH! Wish I could justify this Sako. great looking rifle

I am not hunting in a hardware store in Alaska.....haha....... We are driving up so I have no worries about ammo/gun luggage problems. I think I need a closer look at that sako though.

I think this Ruger 375 Guide rifle is very interesting and may be a real winner. I don't think there is a Ruger 375RCM, it's the Ruger 375 I believe as they don't make an RCM in 375 . As far as cartridges go, gun shops typically carry familiar ammunition - hunting ammunition and the 375 H&H is like 30-06, I've never seen a store without those 2. So from a hunting perspective, a 375 H&H is almost an essential to have for biggest game and I'd suspect in those areas, they are never without that ammunition and in a pinch that is really important. Those Sako's have got a pretty good extraction system on them, I'm kinda interested to adding one to the collection, plus 1 of those Ruger's too. Someday when we look back your family will have a nice collection to divi up!

Happy New Year gentlemen, let's be safe in 2014.

OK THANKS ALL............... I did not find a guide gun. I did however find a moose gun that meets most of what I was looking for. It appears to be a real shooter and I will have the first H&H round in my collection.

I think this Ruger 375 Guide rifle is very interesting and may be a real winner. I don't think there is a Ruger 375RCM, it's the Ruger 375 I believe as they don't make an RCM in 375 . As far as cartridges go, gun shops typically carry familiar ammunition - hunting ammunition and the 375 H&H is like 30-06, I've never seen a store without those 2. So from a hunting perspective, a 375 H&H is almost an essential to have for biggest game and I'd suspect in those areas, they are never without that ammunition and in a pinch that is really important. Those Sako's have got a pretty good extraction system on them, I'm kinda interested to adding one to the collection, plus 1 of those Ruger's too. Someday when we look back your family will have a nice collection to divi up!

Happy New Year gentlemen, let's be safe in 2014.
They definitely do make a 375RCM. Ruger makes it in several models including a nice stainless/synthetic which I own as well as an African Safari Model.

Ammo is a bit pricey, but easily available as well.

375 RUGER : Ammo To Go

I thought long and hard about the 338RCM but with an African and Alaskan trip on the horizon went with the 375.

pix830383718.jpg

pix830383718.jpg

http://www.ruger.com/products/m77Hawkeye/index.html?r=y

http://www.ruger.com/products/m77HawkeyeAfrican/models.html

What you have is a .375 Ruger, a 30-06 length magnum capacity cartridge; not a .375 Ruger Compact Magnum, which would be a short action length cartridge of much lower capacity, if it existed.

Can you show us the 375 RCM case, I still have not seen it? They make a 300 and 338 RCM, but I didn't think they did a 375 in the cm or "compact magnum. In 375 just a Ruger Magnum. I don't see any ammo or cases being sold anywhere that are 375 RCM, just 375 Ruger. This is very puzzling.

Thanks

The 375 Ruger is the parent case for the Ruger Compact Magnums.

The Compact Magnums are SHORTENED versions of the .375 Ruger case, hence the Compact Magnum designation. If someone has actually done a .375 RCM, it is a wildcat.

Recent Posts