• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB - Remington LH Rifle in 7mm or 300 RUM or WSM & Zeiss scope

EZShooter

I am looking to buy a 7mm or 30 caliber magnum Remington rifle, Left Hand, within the next couple of days - I have found a 7 RUM LSS for $675 NIB via Gunsamerica, so will be buying this unless someone has something better....

I am in the process of acquiring a Zeiss scope from either Bill Bailey or Jon Jackoviak/Opticzone, I am wanting a 4.5-14/50 with Target turrets and Mil-dot reticule. Jon quoted me $569 in a previous post of his, which is a great price... Bill is sending me his price and availability(not received yet). Anyone else know of a better option for this scope?

Thanks for the help, spending $1300 bucks is not what I do everyday, so I wanted to ask for any other help....

EZ

I have a 300rum in an lss in a right hand model and it shoots alright. I'm looking at normally 1moa @100yards. Caliber is good but I can't say that mine is extreemly accurate. I would do more shooting right now but I'm still in 3.5 feet of snow. Yeah.

Go to www.gunbroker.com and search for either left hand or lh remington. Right now you can get a BDL LH in any of the RUM calibers for around $475-485. They are no longer making the BDL LH in those calibers, so those prices are good while the supply lasts. I picked up one in 338RUM and put an LSS stock on it. I have a friend who does the Duracoat finishing so as to be weatherproof. Be warned, though, these are probably the J-lock bolt(mine was). Just an option for you. Good luck! Sam

you wanting to build one or buy a gun outright? you can get the actions brand new for $400. the one i just got was not a j-lock as well.

I am wanting to take my chances with a factory rifle... hoping to get that rarer and rarer sub MOA Remington (or maybe thinking about a Cooper). The action is an option when I decide to go full custom! I bought a LVSF 223 a couple of years ago, and it is a .6-.7 MOA gun, factory stock with a self done trigger job - just not left handed....

Thanks,
EZ

You're welcome for the info. My first group with my stock 338RUM with only a lightened trigger went 0.41" at 100 yds with 90 gr 7828, Fed 215 and the 225 gr AB. Continues to group around .5 moa. Hope you find a shooter, too.

Alrighty.... first of all, thanks to all of you that have viewed and posted or PM'ed me on this thing...

Scope is a done deal now (thanks Jon/Opticzone!). I bought one of those extra Leica LRH from Bill, so I gave him some of my moula too (thanks Bill! - got it today as expected / promised). $1100 down and the rifle to go....

I have an opportunity at a circa 1980 700 BDL in 7 mag... safe queen, barely shot (and when it was, with open sights). One small 1 cm scratch in stock by cheekpiece, otherwise excellent to mint, bluing about 95%, $460 in my hands. I know this is a bit much for used, one thing though - does it matter to a gunsmith whether the Remington action is from current stock or older? I know that the whole J-lock deal is apparently not desirable, but what about a 2003 pre j-lock or so versus a 1980 action... one of the selling points mentioned was that their gunsmith didn't like any of the new actions, he only liked working on the 1980 or before actions.... never heard this one before. Comments? Kirby? Shawn? Anyone else?

Thanks,

EZ