• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB - Rem 700 7mm ultra mag varmint contour (sendero) barrel, or better.

Max Heat

I'm looking to upgrade the sporter contour barrel on my 700 SPS (7 ultra mag) to at least a varmint (.850) contour sendero take-off barrel, preferrably in stainless, with no more than about 200 or so rounds through it. I WILL consider ANY MAKE of barrel, as long as the contour is no less than .850", length is no less than 26", and the round count through it isn't so high that the accuracy is compromised. Preferences (meaning I would pay more) would be for stainless, fluted, any length above 26", possibly a muzzel brake, and extra-low round count. Please send me a PM listing what you have, and what you are asking.

I have a new 7mm barrel i would sell. The contour is similar to a Sendero but it would be 28" long.

OK, 28" not as good as 30, but better than 26, so it DOES have my interest. I would like to know more details...

Diameter at muzzle at least .850"?

Chambered for RUM?

Stainless?

Fluted?

Brake, threaded for brake, or integral brake?

Twist rate?

Make?

OK, 28" not as good as 30, but better than 26, so it DOES have my interest. I would like to know more details...

Diameter at muzzle at least .850"?
No, it isn't. A Remington Varmint is .830" @ 26". Mine is .820" @ 28" or .836" @ 26". Mine is also .040" bigger at the neck, 1.00" vs .960" , than a Remington Varmint

Chambered for RUM?
It's new, not chambered for anything.

Stainless?
yes

Fluted?
Yes, eight 3/16" flutes. They start at 6" and end at 26".

Brake, threaded for brake, or integral brake?
It's new, hasn't even been cut off and crowned.

Twist rate?
1:8"-5r

Make?
Krieger

There are some things that I do like about it. The contour would be OK. And the fluted stainless is nice. I could do without a brake, and the chambering/crowning I could have done, although I wasn't figuring in that additional expense. But the twist rate is the deal breaker, unfortuately. It's just too fast to be compatible with the 139gr SST's that I like to sling out there at 3700fps. I'm sorry that it didn't work out. Hvew a good one.

-Steve