• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Lapua .300 win mag brass

Breakshunter

Looking for Lapua .300 win mag brass for a new build underway. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Don't want to ruin your day but if you were able to find anyone that has some 300 Lapua brass you might as well sell a NF scope to fund that buy. Your best bet would be to try and find some RWS brass. Its been a while but Huntington Die Specialty usually has some.

Thank you sir. I do have some coming from Huntington but as an eternal optimist, I thought I would ask the question - you never know.

Also, I've saw geco loaded ammo on gunbroker and a few other places in plentiful stock. Its made with rws brass & as I understand it is part of the same comapany as rws.
But to my point, the geco loaded ammo I've saw has ranged anywhere from like $30-$40. & is actually cheaper than Huntington's brass per piece. Think it's only avail. In 150 or 180 gr loads but u could either pull these bullets or use them for fire forming & kill 2 birds with one stone there & still have some money left over. Just a thought bc that's what I was orig. Going to do but decided to go With norma brass in my 300 bc it seems to rly shine with the norma or nosler brass & 208 amax's. Everything else I've tried had been just an moa to moa and a half size group. That combo along with imr4831, cci LG. Mag primers, & .008 jump got it just barely under half moa very consistently.

I hate to break it to you, but Lapua has never produced .300 Win Mag brass. Lapua offered .300 WM several years ago, but that was outsourced to another company with the Lapua head stamp on the cases.

I hate to break it to you, but Lapua has never produced .300 Win Mag brass. Lapua offered .300 WM several years ago, but that was outsourced to another company with the Lapua head stamp on the cases.

This is true. I believe Norma made the brass for Lapua, and made the brass to Lapua's specs.

Yes, it was Norma brass, but since Lapua doesn't produce .300 WM, it was built to Norma's normal specifications.

This is true. I believe Norma made the brass for Lapua, and made the brass to Lapua's specs.

Correct. And I have a personal supply of Lapua stamped 300 win brass. I also have tested Norma to compare along with a gaggle of other 300 win brass. What I found was with the same loads the Norma will suffer from loose primer pockets a while before the Lapua does. Is that because the Lapua speced out the brass to be harder? Or just a difference in lot to lot runs? Your guess.

When choosing 300 win brass for a long range rig with heavy bullets one needs to consider case volume. Especially if H-1000 will be used. The lower volume cases will show pressure about 2 or 3 grains before the higher volume cases.

Here is what I have seen. RWS and Bertram have the same "lower case volume" but are tough brass and good quality.

WW, RP, and a few others are of a higher case volume, pretty tough, less expensive, but you will cull some when you do brass prep. WW brass has shown it will take the same loads as Lapua and shoot well if you take the time to prep and cull.

Graf is good brass and higher volume but hard to find also.

Lapua is of high volume, very good in quality, pretty tough but not as tough as other head stamps made by Lapua. Its hard to find and expect to pay $2 each or more if you even find any for sale. I get 10 firings or so from mine with a full house load before the pockets are getting to loose.

Norma, same case volume as Lapua but as with all Norma brass I have used you need to reduce the charge weight to keep the primer pockets usable for 5 or more firings. But good quality and consistent between cases.

Sorry none of my Lapua brass is for sale. I sold some new 300 win Lapua brass a year or so ago just to help a guy out and what I have left is to feed my 300 win.

If you are like me, and willing to dig, you can find some 300 win Lapua brass. But it wont be on a store shelf. Unless you find that gun shop that no one has been in for years. Talk to older guys at the ranges. I have found this brass was popular with some bench rest guys of the past who shot 300 wins.

But if you are looking for tough brass, what we can get today is RWS when available and Bertram for the 300 win mag. If you want some Bertram contact Dave300 on this site. We bought a run of it and I think he would sell some of his.

Hope this helps

Jeff

Gentlemen, collectively I want to thank you for your insights. I'll keep digging and look forward to some experimentation on my end. Jeff/Broz, I am down the road from you in Missoula, look me up if you head over sometime. The advice on this forum is priceless. Happy New Year!