Wtb howa 1500 long action stock

Discussion in 'Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.' started by Frogman77, May 6, 2011.

1. Frogman77

Frogman77 Well-Known Member

Hey guys looking for a howa 1500 long action heavy barrel stock. Hogue overmold pillars or full length bedding block or any thing else you might have I'd be interested in. Thanks!

2. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

I have a synthetic LA Weatherby stock that is a drop in fit for Howa 1500 rifles. It is black monte Carlo style with a rubber pad and 2 stainless sling swivels. Barrel channel appears to be for sporter barrels but could be opened up slightly to fit a varmint barrel.

I can send you some pics if you PM your email address to me.

Wolfdawg

3. jmd025

jmd025 Well-Known Member

I've also got a factory weatherby stock laying around.

Stockys has some decent deals on bell and carlson medalists with the full length block!

4. Frogman77

Frogman77 Well-Known Member

Does your factory weatherby stock (vanguard I assume??) fit a long action with varmint barrel contour?? Is it synthetic???

B&C doesn't make a long action stock that fits a varmint contour for the howa 1500.

Thanks

5. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

Mine is synthetic and is for a long action. I believe the barrel channel is for a sporter but there is enough to shave some off to fit a varmint contour. There is at least 1/16" of thickness on each side. It also has the rubber pad and 2 stainless sling studs.
    See the attached pics of the stock.

Wolfdawg

Attached Files: