• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB- Extremely accurate varmit rifle

Zundel257

I am looking to buy a rifle for my father for his birthday. He likes to crow hunt and use rifles to shoot them at + 500 yds. He normally uses his friends custom rifles and I would like to buy him one of his own. Please let me know what you have and include pics.

I would like to buy one of your friends custom rifles, a crow has a kill zone of about 2" of 2 1/5" shooting a 2" group at the distance is quite a feat.

Not to be too graphic but when shooting calibers like the 22-243 that have such velocity. You hit the crow at all and it pretty much turns into a "poof" of black feathers.

I dont think you have to worry about being to graphic on here, we are hunters not bird watchers. I have 2 guns built just for crow hunting I use a 223AI and And a 22-250AI The 250AI is pushing a 50G vmax at 4085fps and I can diffently tell what side of the center of the brestbone I hit with it. The majority of the carnage will propel to the opposite side. These guns are mainly for 300 yards and under. I have a 220 swift with a 1-8 twist barrel that I am fine tuning to attempt a 500 yard shot on a Black corvid. I plan on using a foxpro caller and my crow decoy (buster) to get the bird at exactly 500 yards. If your interested in a Remington 700 with a Remington custom shop barrelled 220 swift that has a .260 no turn neck give me a call 419 564 7727 Tony.

I just wanted to say this is a good post and enjoyed reading the replies. Gives me the fever to shoot some crows.

What we have found that works for our area (Alabama) is to use a remote preymaster call along with an owl decoy and a dozen or so black crow decoys. We use a camo tent to shoot from and there are several keys to a sucessful hunt. One is that you have to hit the first bird, because the initial shot gives your location unless they have something (i.e. anothe bird exploding) to focus on. The second is that everyone has to be in the tent before the call starts so no one is seen and everyone and everything including gun barells must be inside the tent at all times. Would love to hear more about yall's tactics. About the 220 swift please send me a PM about this riflegun)

This is a picture of the 220 swift it has a Barrel that was chambered in the remington custom shop 1-8 twist barrel the gun will shoot 52G hpbt match bullets and 75GAmax bullets very well. I can switch from 1 load to the other with just 6 clicks of elevation change I am asking 600 for the barreled action with trigger or 900 for the rifle Not including the scope unless other arrangments are made.
220swift009.jpg

The bedding of the HS stock I added some lead shot to balence the weight for shooting from a bipod the lead is bedded into the stock and it is skim bedded
HSstock001.jpg

Sorry that I forgot to mention that I do not want a stainless finish on the gun. I also prefer a Hart Barrel and Jewel Trigger.