• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB 6.5 x55 or 6.5 x 47

Were you to purchase this rifle you would certainly have one of the most intriguing deer rifles in 6.5x55. It is the Swedish Mauser M94/14 Carbine. Do the research on it and if interested email me back.
Best regards, Jon

looking for a light weight deer hunting rifle with low recoil
thanks, Mike

Mike, I was in your exact situation three weeks ago... Well, sort of, 5 months ago I convinced myself that a sweet Surgeon/AX adorned with a 26 inch medium Palma barrel would double as my pleasure long range shooting stick and hunting rifle. Well, if I could convince myself to be a sitter versus a still hunter then I wouldn't have made a liar out of myself... You see I got the hankering to do some elk hunting here in New Mexico and that's hard enough by itself without having to lug around 16 lbs of rifle. So being a believer of the 6.5 I started looking into all the offerings that was available but I learned my lesson and knew this next rifle had to be light especially in elk country so I bit the bullet and cried twice and bought myself a Blaser R8 Professional in the amazing 6.5x55 Swede. Now, these rifles aren't cheap and I'm happy about the versatility in being able to switch calibers and to be honest I've always had a distant love affair for a Blaser rifle. It shoots 1/2 to 3/4 moa with factory ammo and I'm currently waiting on the UPS man so I can get busy working up a load for it with the fine Berger VLD 140 grain projectile.

So, long story longer, Blaser R8 is pricey and I understand how that can be off-putting but she weighs in a 6.4 lbs (with the standard weight fluted 22.75" barrel) naked. I didn't stop there either, I managed to save some money while on deployment and also bought the new 2nd Gen Swarovski Z6i 2.5x15x56 scope with the saddle rail system (vice conventional rings). I'm sure this system will grow more calibers before I'm in the dirt but you only live once and I wanted something nice for myself. Total weight = 7.9 lbs.

Best of luck finding that 6.5-solution you're after. I think you're on to a fine rifle being that you've narrowed the field down to a 6.5 caliber.

Please give us updates.

Last edited:
Found one, by accident. went to talk with my dealer,(to order a new CZ) and an old friend of his was there and said he had one. for 400. I went and looked at it. It's a VZ-24 Mouser action, Timney trigger, with a Shillen barrel, Bushnell scope, In a Hogue overmolded stock. Less than a 100 rounds down the tube, He also thru in a set of dies and brass. We also use the same gunsmith, so I know it was done right.(he's built 3 different rifles for me already)