WTB 408 Chey Tech brass by TTI

Discussion in 'Reloading Equipment and Components' started by drpbroun5, Aug 23, 2008.

1. drpbroun5

drpbroun5 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any of this brass that they are willing to sell? Please contact me with all the details. Thanks.
    Paul Broun
    drpbroun5@aol.com

2. drpbroun5

3. drpbroun5

I'm still looking.

Paul

4. dirtball

dirtball Well-Known Member

5. drpbroun5

Thanks. I am told that the TTI brass is better than Jamison. I think I want TTI. Do you know the difference?

Paul

6. dirtball

dirtball Well-Known Member

Paul
    I don't shoot any thing that big, so I can't really answer your question. I think Kirby is using the Jamison brass for his big Allen Mags.
    Dave

7. AJ Peacock

AJ Peacock Well-Known Member

I've used both and the TTI will last 1-2 reloads longer, but it is almost impossible to find. I've been using the Jamison for the last year and it works fine, I'm able to get 5-6 reloads with it in my 338AM (300SMK at 3300fps).

What caliber are you shooting? The 408, or one of it's wildcats?

AJ

8. drpbroun5

AJ,

Kirby is making a 338 Allen Mag for me. I was so impressed with your rifle that I just had to have one. I'm not sure when it will be done. I don't want to have to assemble all the stuff that goes with it after the rifle arrives. I'm thus looking for brass now. What loads have you found to be best? Have you tried any of the 265gr. AT bullets and with what results? Any suggestions? Pitfalls? Thanks.

Paul

9. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

Kirby will sell you 338AM headstamped fireformed brass that lasts very well with the 300smk at 3200 or with the 265gr ATs at 3400. I have gotten up to 11 reloadings from a single case and only quit using it because of erosion to the flash hole. I load mine a bit on the conservative side I guess.

10. AJ Peacock

AJ Peacock Well-Known Member

+1 Eddybro.

I'd get my brass directly from Kirby. That way, you know it is the latest mfg'ed lots (which is better than the older stuff). I'd get at least some of it with the correct headstamp. I'd also let him fireform it (to save you the work and to keep your barrel pristine).

I'm shooting 143gr H50BMG behind the 300SMK and averaging 3270fps.

AJ