• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB 408 Chey Tech brass by TTI

Thanks. I am told that the TTI brass is better than Jamison. I think I want TTI. Do you know the difference?

Paul

Paul
I don't shoot any thing that big, so I can't really answer your question. I think Kirby is using the Jamison brass for his big Allen Mags.
Dave

I've used both and the TTI will last 1-2 reloads longer, but it is almost impossible to find. I've been using the Jamison for the last year and it works fine, I'm able to get 5-6 reloads with it in my 338AM (300SMK at 3300fps).

What caliber are you shooting? The 408, or one of it's wildcats?

AJ

AJ,

Kirby is making a 338 Allen Mag for me. I was so impressed with your rifle that I just had to have one. I'm not sure when it will be done. I don't want to have to assemble all the stuff that goes with it after the rifle arrives. I'm thus looking for brass now. What loads have you found to be best? Have you tried any of the 265gr. AT bullets and with what results? Any suggestions? Pitfalls? Thanks.

Paul

Kirby will sell you 338AM headstamped fireformed brass that lasts very well with the 300smk at 3200 or with the 265gr ATs at 3400. I have gotten up to 11 reloadings from a single case and only quit using it because of erosion to the flash hole. I load mine a bit on the conservative side I guess.

AJ,

Kirby is making a 338 Allen Mag for me. I was so impressed with your rifle that I just had to have one. I'm not sure when it will be done. I don't want to have to assemble all the stuff that goes with it after the rifle arrives. I'm thus looking for brass now. What loads have you found to be best? Have you tried any of the 265gr. AT bullets and with what results? Any suggestions? Pitfalls? Thanks.

Paul

+1 Eddybro.

I'd get my brass directly from Kirby. That way, you know it is the latest mfg'ed lots (which is better than the older stuff). I'd get at least some of it with the correct headstamp. I'd also let him fireform it (to save you the work and to keep your barrel pristine).

I'm shooting 143gr H50BMG behind the 300SMK and averaging 3270fps.

AJ

Recent Posts