• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB 20,25 or 40 moa base for rem700

JOSE A. MARINE

I want to buy a base for my 338 edge project, preferably steel, nice brand, used in good shape.

thanks
Joe

I want to buy a base for my 338 edge project, preferably steel, nice brand, used in good shape.

thanks
Joe

José, before you buy the base you need to know what scope you will be mounting on the rifle; most importantly you need to know how much total vertical adjustment the scope will have. Now you can start thinking about the brand of base and weather you will need 10, 20, or 40 MOA. Tell us what kind of scope you'll be using.

eaglet

I bought a cheapo leatherwood rail, but it is the worst piece of crap I´ve bought in a lot of time (I cant sight in past 300 yards).

as for the aluminum bases, since this is a heavy scope I´ve found that after 40 or so shots the bases tend to get loose even with the 8-40 screws...

for this new surgical rifle I have several leupold scopes I could use, all of them are 6.5-20X40 and 6.5-20X50LR. even some BR series...(24X).

I´m planning to buy a NF in the future, but for learning I think leupold 30mm. wil do..

for the vertical adjustment It would be ok if I can sight in dead on @300 yards and up...I would be able to spare a little more money for a 40 moa,(although differences are minimal). if I have the right equipment, I can have more fun, right?

thanks

Joe