Would like to give a couple guys in our industry a plug...

Themachinest,

YOu boys caught me on my lunch break today with the phone call. I told Barney it was Saturday and that he really should not be working!!! Then I told him I had to head back over to the shop to finish up a could customer projects. We both got a laugh out of that one.

Very excited.

Just to offer another plug for Barney Lawton and the rest of the crew. I am having him build a test barrel for my 277 Allen Mag specifically for the 195 gr ULD RBBT.

I asked for a 1-9 6 groove barrel. This is a total experiment to see if we can find the perfect twist for this bullet to get the optimum ballistic potential. Well, when I talked to him today he had a 1-8.75, 1-9 and a 1-9.25. If I wanted to test them all he would send them up.

I think that says it all. Outstanding group of guys and I have not even gotten my hands on any of their products yet. I am not concerned about that though!!!

If you want someone that is just as crazy about pushing the performance envelope as we all are, Get ahold of Lawton machine and they can help you get a barrel for whatever monster you want to build!!!

I can not say enough about all of their customer service so far, top notch all the way.

Kirby Allen(50)

Is there a website or any way we can see some pics of his actions??? I would love to take a look at them and I cant seem to find anything so far.

Everything sounds **** nice so far, cant wait to see the finished product.

steve

Lerch and all,
The web site is www.lawtonriflebarrels.com . The pictures are not the best but we're working on that. Don't get scared by Barney and my mugs in the gallery section.
You might want to look for an article in PS mag by Stanton Wormley also. Hopefully we will get to use his pics on our web site when he is done with them.
Barney and I just love doing what we are doing, and helping others who have simmular interests and desires.
Red mist and Xs to all.
Scott

Thanks for the site. I like what I see. I like to see companies like yours, when a company is operated by just a few people it just seems more like family to me. That may be stupid but it is just something that gives me a little comfort.

I will definantly be considering you guys for any future rigs, if Kirby recommends ya you got me sold pretty much.

Thanks again
steve

Just a plug here from Barney's webmaster....hehe me. He is a great guy to deal with, the bbls i have got from him are top notch!

Congrats Scott!

Dave

Thanks Dave, but it was mostly great equipment and coaching. I think that I'm hooked on this long range shooting now. Back in Oshkosh, NE we use to shoot at a 500 yard gong just to see if we could hit it. Now I'll want to shoot the chain it's hanging from. ha ha ha

Hay! I just want to say thanks to all of you guys. THANKS

Scott

Two receivers and a barrel supposed to show up tomorrow from Lawton Machine!!! Will let you all know what I think of them. Sure there will be no dissappointment!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I had a lengthy phone conversation with Mr. Manners yesterday.
He responded to all my questions professionally and had some great advise.
He said their hunter stock is the same mold as the MCS-T. Same shape, just lighter at (I think) 24 oz. Man that sounds nice.
Great guy to talk to. Will probably go with one of their stocks for my next project. .....Hopefully soon!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.