Would I be dumb to...?

huntin_fool

After reading all of Broz's threads on his 300 win mag, I'm wanting one. I am thinking about maybe selling/trading my winchester 70 2008 limited edition 30-06. I bought it end of sept or early oct and sighted it in with 150gr federal blue box. Carried it a couple times and killed 3 deer with it. I have the stuff to reload for it but havent yet. But I don't need a 30-06. I've got a 700 sps 300 WSM, a couple 270s, a 270 Gibbs, 25 Gibbs, 7mm-300wby and a 338 edge. So the 30-06 is kind of redundant. It's got awesome wood on it and I'm hesitant to hunt it and beat it up. Would be looking to replace it with a 700 sendero 300 win mag. Am I dumb for wanting to get rid of it?

I don't think so. Most of us have had to clean out the safe as our desires change. Just looking at your list though there are others that overlap, or could provide the same purpose as a 300 win (a good choice), but if avoiding redundancy is in the equation there are several others in your list that could go as well. I'd consider moving more than one upgrade optics, as well as put other rifle choices in range.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.