WOTAC help!!

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by 264, Dec 20, 2012.

1. 264

264 Member

I have a small problem. I lost my elevation turret off of my scope!!! Lost it while hunting and have no clue where! Since Matt is no longer around I can't get a replacement. Would like to use this scope but no turret no go!! I'm open to any ideas!!!! I don't know if another scope manufacturers turret will fit or not? Any ideas??? Thanx guys, Jake

2. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Sorry but that is funny, sounds like something that would happen to me.

Use the windage knob. If the knob has L/R markings instead of straight moa then put some tape over the markings and write it in with a pen. You'll have to use the reticle for wind hold offs if you don't already.

3. 264

264 Member

Haha ya it hilarious I have to admit. I. Thought about doing that and I just might, but that will be my last resort. Thanks for the reply!!

4. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

I would think a guy could take the windage turret into a machine shop and have one built fairly easy, then order a turret tape from Custom Turret Systems and your GTG.

5. 264

264 Member

See!!!! That never crossed my mind!!!! Thank you I'm going to try that!!

6. 42769vette

42769vette Well-Known Member

Make sure you get a estimate before the shop does the work. Im guessing a 1 of turret wont be cheap to make. Its not like they will have a program written to just pop them out

7. 264

264 Member

Oh I will!!I happen to have a buddy that owns a machine shop so I'm going to talk to him first.

8. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

The turret should be stupid easy to cut, if it took an hour on a manual lathe I would be surprised, I don't have any aluminum around otherwise I would make ya one just for fun, I have a WOTAC sitting here also but it's decent enough that I want to keep the turrets.