Worthless meathunter

Mike,

Didja know that if you did it 'just' right the back legs could be cut off of a frog and they'd grow a new set. Really!

The only problem is the comments from the neighbors about all those legless frogs pulling themselves around the backyard by their front feet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Didja know that if you did it 'just' right the back legs could be cut off of a frog and they'd grow a new set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right. Same with buffalo wings, cut them off the buffalo just right and they will grow back. And if you can sprinkle salt on a crows tail you can catch him.

(cowboy rule book of life: rule #4, It don't matter who says it and it don't matter what they say, don't believe it if it don't make no **** sence.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

just kidding or not when I was about 11 years old my cousin and I shot some medow larks with bb guns and cooked the breast just like doves or quail they were good eating but small.

BB

Reading this sting inspired me to go dig out an old cookbook
Outdoor Lifes Complete Fish and Game Cookbook by A.D. Livingston. It lists five different recipies for crow, it also has recipies for armidillos, racoon, possum and twenty or thirty other critters not found in standard cookbooks (sorry remington 25 06, no badger recipies, I checked)

Of the recipies I've tried, they were all good.

Publish date 1989, It's an interesting book to leave on the shelf here in California, It has inspired more than a little revulsion amungst the liberals I occasionally allow in my house.

Enjoy

Southpaw

Three good sized Michigan/Ohio squirrels make a nice little pot of chili.

I couldn't bring myself to shoot crows though...must be the Mohawk in me, but I was always nice to crows as a kid and I think they are **** smart--always remembered me giving them scraps. Would have to say that any starlings near our garden lived unfortunately short lifespans--never liked starlings...

I grew up near abundant amounts of lakes and streams as a kid and my Mom would cook up all the frogs legs we could bring back. My crossman took a bunch of them with pellets.

Matt

Anyone ever have Gopher and dumplings? Gopher as in tortis not caddy shak!
Use to be some of the finest eatin there was now a $25,000 fine to be in possession of one!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.