Worthless meathunter

Buffalobob

I forget who it was that called me a meathunter like it was some kind of sewer crawling worm or something.

Anyway things have been a little slow and I couldn't get to my usual squirrel hunting places because of late season snow. But I have been trying to make up for lost time by giving the crows what for.

This is straight pass shooting with no calling. It is not very many but it makes my mornings interesting.

The season ended yesterday. That is OK being as the striped bass are moving up the river to spawn.

2crows2.jpg

meat1.jpg

meat2.jpg

eatncrow1.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Try to hang in there a few more days. Weather will break soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifLMFAO

The saying, "Will eat things that make a Billy Goat puke." comes to mind when I look at those pics. I love to snipe the Black Devils myself but I just cannot bring myself to eat them. You will definately go far in a survival situation.......

Just think, right before you shot them, they were dreaming of flying off for a breakfast of rotting carrion. Probably some old dead opossum or coon on the side of the road.

TASTY!!! (but not as bad as potted meat!!!)

Why should he be kidding ?

Do you eat wild turkey ?
They eat the same things the crow will .

BB , you are a devious fellow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You just posted this so I would tell how my boys ( ages 5 to 9) used to bring in the Robins they had shot with bb guns , bows and arrows , rocks etc . When they helld them up and said " look Dad " I would tell them " get it cleaned boy" ........................and they did and put them in the freezer . Robin breasts , just like I taught them how to do doves .

This went on one spring til we ha d about 50 or so in ziploc bags in the freezer . Every once in a while they would say " Dad , when are we gonna cook the Robin breasts "

"We will soon " was the standard reply I gave them .
Then came the day ...... dont know what came over me but I fired up the grill and cooked them little morsels ( dont take long ) Cooked them just like I do my dove breasts .
They were too good !! I mean they were so good !!

I realize Robins are not legal to shoot , these were little boys , we ate them. If someone wants to get legal ........well , it was a figment of my magination huhh ?

Jim B.

well i guess you learn something new everyday. maybe some opossum stew and crow legs with a side of skunk tail will be a house hold recipe in my future. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

that time i ate opossum it was fattened up on bread and buttermilk then baked in the oven with applesauce guy from luisanna made it and ask me and my buddy if we wanted to try it wasnt bad at all but couldnt get the picture of a over grown rat out of my head

****, you gotta be kiddin' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

That's gotta be worse'n owl gumbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

How's it compare to those chuker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I tried to charcoal grill a young rock chuck. It muscled up like the Hulk and couldn't chew it even when I had good teeth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Jack rabbit was an awful experience. Ground squirrel just looked like little mice all cooked up. No meat on 'em. When in the trash. However, I slapped their little hides to the hood of my room mate's 51 Chev P/U. They glued them selves on and their tails flapped in the wind. Really ****ed off the room mate. (Back in nuke school days here I Idaho.)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.