Worth building on?

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
I have a .303 British Enfield just collecting dust. Is this action worth using for a build? If so, What calibers work well for it?

Thank you, Steve

If you want to answer your own question just go to any site on the web that deals with long range rifles, precision rifles or custom builds and see if you can find even one that was done using an the British Enfield action.

If you ever find one, let me know as I've never seen one yet.;);)

Gotta agree with Roy, keep 'er as an original and enjoy it. Not too many shooting the 303 now so you'd have a unique shooter.:)

Thanks guys,
I'll leave it be. It was butchered buy who ever had it before, so it's not original. Thats why I thought about using it to build something better.

Thanks again,
Steve

Whilst the P-14 is not a Lee Enfield, the P-14 is an Enfield as I understand it. I've seen some decent stuff built on them. I'm assuming it's not a P14?

No, I don't think so. It dosen't say P-14 on it. It's just a single locking lug bolt. It looks like if something were to be done with it, it would have to be pretty light.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.