Women's backpack hunting boots--need very narrow and sz 11 with goretex

jmden

Women's backpack hunting boots--need very narrow and sz 11 with goretex and the equivalent of 400g Thinsulate insulation.

Anybody know of a quality boot that incorporates these items?

Women's backpack hunting boots--need very narrow and sz 11 with goretex and the equivalent of 400g Thinsulate insulation.

Anybody know of a quality boot that incorporates these items?

I've owned four sets of Meindl's over the years. They're a comfortable boot but I couldn't recommend them after those years of experience. The soles delaminate and fall off before the rest of the boot is worn out. Same thing happened with a buddy of mine. Two weekends ago my partner was wearing some Meindls. The Cabela's Canada Hunter boot. I hear him say oh oh. Turned around and the entire Vibram sole of the boot was pointing forward, slightly attached at the toe. Looked like Ronald McDonald big time.

I'm currently using Lowa Sheep Hunters. But a guy I work with told me two days ago that a friend of his had one of the soles delaminate and fall off his Lowas when they were only about 3 seasons old. I thought I would be avoiding this problem by moving on to the Lowa brand, but perhaps not. The soles falling off a guys boots is a quick and sick way to end a hunting trip in the mountains.

Anyhow, I'm not sure who might make the narrow size 11s your looking for. The guy from work needed extra wide boots and he found and ended up with a set of Meindls in size 11 1/2, something like double EE.

These are for my wife who has a AAA narrow foot and size 11 womens length. Try to find shoes that fit that!

Any ideas would be helpful...

I wear a size 14 WIDE in men's boots. I am a little familiar with finding odd size boots. A couple thoughts:

1) Take a look at Danner boots. their website is down at the moment. But, when I was looking for a new pair of boots a few months ago, they seemed to have a good variety of sizes and widths available in the styles of boots that they make for the U.S. military. Seems like if they want to sell for the US GI's they need to fit a wide variety of feet. Not just the normal sizes that fit 80% of the people.

2) Call the folks at Lathrop's and Sons in Illinois. They will talk/walk you thru the process to size a boot for hard to fit feet. This is where I ended up buying my new pair of 14W Lowa Hunters.... Their "Synergy" insoles are good also. Not cheap, but good. I have two pairs in use at the moment..

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.