Wolf kill pics.... Trophy Bull Elk.....

"sport killing" has been well documented with the human animal. "Hunters" will kill 1000's of coyotes a year for "sport" but say "it was needed because the coyote was doing what it does in nature, so I must kill them"
Granted if I farmed land and they were ruing my land then I would control them, but not for sport..not traveling around killing them everywhere I saw them because I thought its fun. Same with coyotes and wolves..If they were taking my animals then I would kill the ones doing it, not every single one in the state
People absolutely sport hunt, and they are also the species that places limits on that behavior. The issue you missed was the mythology vs. biology of the wolf. They only kill what they need is deliberately misleading for the purpose of other agendas. I think you're statement that basically you would control them if they bothered your stuff is refreshingly honest. Better than I'm used to from the wolf crowd, but your knowledge of what it takes to control coyote populations is either willfully or woefully ignorant. But hey it wasn't your backyard the Feds targeted with the introduction of wolves. The cherry on top was paying for it by appropriating the funds from those nasty awful sport hunters to do it. Here in Washington I've lost count of the Shiras bull moose I could have killed. Many BC specimens. In that time we've seen a tremendous increase in those animals, with the wolf population uncontrolled, this won't last. This predator kills 24/7 365 with no regard for the overall health of the herd. Check the stats from Yellowstone, the Bighole or many Idaho units. Sport hunting humans have no need to apologize, and our accomplishments in restoring, managing, and conserving wildlife ( many that were endangered before there was an Endangered Species Act) in this country are unmatched any where by any one.

Wow.

A couple of those posts by Sully2 and Timmay...I'm not even sure the tools exist in their toolbox to understand this issue. How you two can call yourselves hunters and have the thinking you do is beyond me.

Fact is, I really wonder if you are hunters. If you are, it just goes to show the financial and biological lack of understanding of how and why wildlife management works in this country and the abundant wildlife we have had because of the unique, sportsmen hunter supported system we have here. If you don't have at least an elementary grasp of this subject, with the replies you've given, I fear there is little place to start as you seem quite entrenched in thinking that deep sixes the very thing you say you love--hunting.

Sully2 and Timmay:

1) Prove to us that you are hunters-

2) Explain to us how wildlife management is funded in this country and the role that wolves will play in that-

If you can do that (and there are many here willing to help you understand the "North American Wildlife Management Model", if you would accept pointers), then we might have a place to start a discussion with you two. Otherwise, you are contributing nothing but nonsensical words.

Show us the facts to back up your statements.

Sully2, you said that no wolf has killed humans that wasn't rabid, as I recal. That is completely false and I gave you plenty of well known, well documented info to contradict your incorrect statement. Do the same in return to back up your statements and maybe we can start to have a conversation as so far your statements have little to do with facts, as you say they did.

Sully2 and timmay,

Go back to page 8 of this thread and find my post where I left links to two recent wolf threads and, for the love of mike, read 'em both carefully and save us all alot of trouble and strife!

Jon

Wow.

A couple of those posts by Sully2 and Timmay...I'm not even sure the tools exist in their toolbox to understand this issue. How you two can call yourselves hunters and have the thinking you do is beyond me.

/QUOTE]

You sure did send a few pointers out...such as the very first paragraph...
"
A wolf attack is an attack on a human by a wolf or wolves. Wild wolves are generally timid around humans. Wolves usually try to avoid contact with people, to the point of even abandoning their kills when an approaching human is detected, though there are several reported circumstances in which wolves have been recorded to act aggressively toward humans.
Compared to other carnivorous mammals known to attack humans in general, the frequency with which wolves have been recorded to kill or prey on people is much lower, indicating that though potentially dangerous, wolves are among the least threatening for their size and predatory potential"

Savage killers...LOL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_attacks_on_humans#cite_note-Attacks-0

And BTW...there's lots of difference between "hunters" and "killers willing to shoot anything that walks"...but I suppose thats an ETHICS question and isnt to be chatted about

Awesome! Then hunting will be real! While you stalk elk, the wolves will be stalking you. That will make hunting very interesting and much more thrilling

I don't very often criticize people on this forum or anywhere else, but you guys, Sully2 and Tinmay, have "no clue" what you are talking about and are in fact part of the problem taking place in this country! I spend my life in the woods here in the NW and have seen dozens of wolf kills which were never eaten. I did a scion collection job last winter up the St. Joe river here in N Id. and counted 16 kills in a 25 mile stretch while snowmobiling, most of which were not eaten! They are like sharks in a feeding frenzy and if given the opportunity, this is what they do. They have nearly wiped out the elk in a place I have hunted for 30 years and as others have mentioned, these animals are NOT the same wolves that once inhabited this country. WAKE UP!. Maybe Ohio isn't the place you should be checking this out!.......Rich

How many of these 'hunters' like Sully2 and timmay and swamphunter (from another thread) are there out there?

If these guys masquerade as hunters in our society, just think of the damage they are doing.

There are only two choices here. Either they are willfully ignorant, or they are imposters. You can't make the statements folks like these have and claim to be a knowledgeable hunter. A big part of being a hunter is understanding elementary wildlife management and how it works in this country. My 10 year old daughter could give these two a lesson with information gleaned only from her basic hunting safety course!

We as hunters, have to be educated and smart about this ourselves or the battle will not be won.

Last edited:
These wolfs got me so mad Im spitting bullets. Last year in our local paper, elk hunters where chased on there horses by wolfs. The state of MT,ID WOLF STATES are being severly impacted buy the wolf and the F&G IS NOT GOING TO HAVE A JOB. if they dont get cracking. This is what I heard 5 yrs ago.''YES , I saw some wolf, real neat wilderness experience'' THAT exact same guy I RAN INTO THIS YEAR, "Whers all the game? Cant wait to get a wolf in my sights. From the generation before me,"I am not buying a tag next, until I shoot one" Refering to any game. Man I have never seen so many upset hunters and I DONT BLAME THEM. When I was hunting in ID a few years back, they had petitions right at the stores and gas stations out in the hills, Wolf season, these small towns count on the huntng dollar.

Catching up on this thread this evening and reading the statements these two guys are making has me shaking my head. It's like I'm reading or listening to two outright antis or tree huggers who haven't a clue about the NMA or anything else that hunting represents! It's bad enough to find this attitude spewed by the antis, but to read this garbage from two guys that are representing themselves as hunters on a hunting website is incomprehensible!!! I wonder if either has been west of the big river out in the country where all the wolf damage is occurring. The wolves are spreading way out and are in areas hundreds of miles from where they wer introduced. One pack of 8 killed over 30 sheep in one night alone on a friends ranch near where I hunt in Wyoming and they never ate a single one!

Yes, and there is no lack of information to educate oneself as to what these unregulated wolves are doing.

As I said, 'willfully ignorant'.

Sully explain there timid nature in these documented accounts.

Father and son, family name Olson March 7, 1888 New Rockford, North Dakota. The two men started towards a haystack a few yards from the house to shovel a path around the stack when they were surrounded by a pack and devoured alive.[46

Ben Cochrum 1922 Manitoba. North of Fisher river on Lake Winnipeg. The victim's bones were found among the remains of 11 wolves. Seven had been shot and four clubbed to death. Only after his rifle stock was smashed did the trapper apparently cease to fight and succumb to the wolf pack.[49] (Ben is a man to be revered)

James Smith March 4, 1910 Waterloo, Iowa. Wolves attacked him whilst he was alone in a wood, waiting for the return of his brother. When the latter returned he found his brother's bones. In the center of a circle of five dead wolves, was an empty repeating rifle, showing that he had been overpowered before he could reload his weapon.[49]

Sullys quote bellow. What he fails to realize is the definition of the word, Generally.

"
A wolf attack is an attack on a human by a wolf or wolves. Wild wolves are generally timid around humans. Wolves usually try to avoid contact with people,

so Sully likes to cut and paste the most tempered dribble and leave out the documented cases.

"Generally serial murderers are completly harmless around there non-targeted victims." That's how ridiculous your quote reads

Wow.

/QUOTE]

You sure did send a few pointers out...such as the very first paragraph...
"
A wolf attack is an attack on a human by a wolf or wolves. Wild wolves are generally timid around humans. Wolves usually try to avoid contact with people, to the point of even abandoning their kills when an approaching human is detected, though there are several reported circumstances in which wolves have been recorded to act aggressively toward humans.
Compared to other carnivorous mammals known to attack humans in general, the frequency with which wolves have been recorded to kill or prey on people is much lower, indicating that though potentially dangerous, wolves are among the least threatening for their size and predatory potential"

Savage killers...LOL

And BTW...there's lots of difference between "hunters" and "killers willing to shoot anything that walks"...but I suppose thats an ETHICS question and isnt to be chatted about

Keep reading Sully2.

That article is much longer than that.

Show us that you aren't 'willfully ignorant'.

Are you willing to learn something here, or not?

I clearly and completely contradicted your statement about wolves not killing people. There is so much evidence to the contrary, it's mind boggling. Man up and admit your mistake and lack of understanding of this issue.

Sully2, Tinmay, as far as I'm concerned, you have zero credibility on this site, and I for one am not interested in anything else you have to say on this topic or any other for that matter. Maybe you should check out PETA, Greenpeace, or?? if you aren't already members. Get a life!!........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.