Wolf kill pics.... Trophy Bull Elk.....

There needs to be a lot of SSS that would help a little. i was up at yellow stone Jackson hole two years ago we went on a snow mobile ride in the back country of Jackson and the wolves had been every where chasing the elk. they better be glad i don't live up there in the mountain country cause i would do a lot of SSS.

It's going to get where it dangerous to go out in the forest camping are any thing with out a rifle. we're are going start hearing of more reports of people being stalked or killed.

Awesome! Then hunting will be real! While you stalk elk, the wolves will be stalking you. That will make hunting very interesting and much more thrilling

You guys are rediculous to say that anyone who doesnt want all wolves killed are "tree huggers"
So I guess that if wolves arent controlled all deer species will go extinct? I guess the millions of years before humans stepped foot on Earth doesnt mean anything.
You guys are just one step away from being called a poacher rather than a hunter.
I love hunting and I think wolves should be left alone. I guess I must be a "tree hugger" because Im not afraid of competition and would feel more of a real hunter with natural predators in the same area that I may have to kill in defense of my life or in defense of my hunt...just like the old days.
Every one has become such wimps now that if a deer isnt behind every single tree (because wolves are keeping the herd under control) and they have to get their fat butt out of their blind and actually hunt, they are going to cry and say kill all the wolves and coyotes.
Im all for controlling the wolf packs but freaking out and wanting them all killed is overboard

Last edited:
So called "sport reflex killing" is common, well recorded, well documented with this transplanted wolf in all the areas they occupy.

"sport killing" has been well documented with the human animal. "Hunters" will kill 1000's of coyotes a year for "sport" but say "it was needed because the coyote was doing what it does in nature, so I must kill them"
Same with you ground hog "hunters". You get your jollies off killing tons of these animals and say it MUST be done otherwise they will ruin the whole Earth by digging holes"
Granted if I farmed land and they were ruing my land then I would control them, but not for sport..not traveling around killing them everywhere I saw them because I thought its fun. Same with coyotes and wolves..If they were taking my animals then I would kill the ones doing it, not every single one in the state

Timmay, do you even live with wolves near you, do you know anyone who's had their pets torn to pieces in their yard or had 10's of thousands of dollars of income wiped out by a pack of non native predators?

There are almost no words to describe how ignorant to facts and life in the West this is!!!!!

ONLY in your estimation! Kill all the deer...and elk...and even jackrabbets and then wonder why a wolf will kill a steer and eat it...or...for heavens sake..go after an ELK. They dont "kill and run" and anyone that believes that is as ignorant as anything that person may think I am

Timmay, do you even live with wolves near you, do you know anyone who's had their pets torn to pieces in their yard or had 10's of thousands of dollars of income wiped out by a pack of non native predators?

YOU are the "non native". Wolves were where you live hundreds of years at the minimum before you were born...and "you" moved into THEIR backyard and killed them all! Now who is the "non native predator"????

ONLY in your estimation! Kill all the deer...and elk...and even jackrabbets and then wonder why a wolf will kill a steer and eat it...or...for heavens sake..go after an ELK. They dont "kill and run" and anyone that believes that is as ignorant as anything that person may think I am
they do kill and run. they will kill entire sheep heards and not eat a piece of them. they kill for sport. one of the only predators that will. other times they will kill and only eat livers and hearts and leave the rest.

YOU are the "non native". Wolves were where you live hundreds of years at the minimum before you were born...and "you" moved into THEIR backyard and killed them all! Now who is the "non native predator"????

You need to educate yourself!!! The wolf that was introduced is not the same wolf that we used to see be for the introduction, we never wiped out the native wolf until this Canadian wolf was released. The wolf we had did not run in super packs or weigh well over 100 lbs, they were in balance with the prey. They were between the size of the wolf we now have and a coyote. You will never see one again sadly as they are gone!! This is well documented if you do even a little bit on non emotional research.

Wolves do have a place in the eco-system as part of the balance but like everything there is need for population control. Wolves are one of the few animals that will kill just for the hell of it and can be dangerous towards humans but most cases are when they were rabid or very hungry.

They are just an animal, not the monsters they're made out to be. They are just doing exactly what they were built to do, live off other animals. Unfortunetly for ranchers that also means livestock which make easy prey. While it is frustrating to see them kill for sport ad seems like a waste that then becomes food for dozens of animals down the food chain.

Game animals made it millions of years before our existence here with the wolves,the lions,tigers and bears, and we will be the end of them before we are the solution. Habitat loss, pollution, over harvesting, etc. kill more game animals every year than wolves.

I am not for wolves being protected, i think they need to be controlled but they do have a place. IMHO its another thing that i may get to hunt one day, but i am not a rancher. I mean, how fun would it be to find a pack out at 800yds on a fresh kill with a few tags in your pocket? gun)

Never been even ONE recorded instance of a non rabid wolf killing a human being. FACT...go look it up.

Scully, you make a comment like this that is completely ignorant, a few post later someone puts factual data out there to the contrary and you have nothing to say?

No rebuttal? excuse? or enlightenment?

You my friend are the victim of the eco-educational system, Walt Disney was your instructor. You have a mind incapable of independent thinking, you spew **** forth from your mouth, yet don't realize it until the stink hits your nose. Then you wipe it off like it never occurred to begin with.

You sir are an ignoramus.

"YOU are the "non native". Wolves were where you live hundreds of years at the minimum before you were born...and "you" moved into THEIR backyard and killed them all! Now who is the "non native predator"????"

Another statement by you which is the classic statement the eco-idiots use when they feel they have been over debated, and can no longer contrive drivel to move there agenda, The pressence of man in North America goes well past the time of Jesus Christ, and man has been waging war with predators since the begining of time. We are a native predator and we have the God given duty to oversee all the animals of this planet. No where does it say wolves are exempt.

I have stayed out of this wolf topic for a while now. I have read ALL the other posts. And it amazes me the people that DO NOT LIVE here and do not have first hand knowledge , think they now so much.The NWest has had a reputation for good hunting, and that is changing right now and fast. I have kept a hunting journal, on 3 or 4 , since 1989. And my notes and game sightings as well as success was up . Until just a handful of years ago.I took my son hunting at 12 and he bagged a nice 5x5 whitey,5x7 bull, and a bear. On one day we watched 7 muley bucks in the mountains, and I could go on and on with my high number of game sightings, 7 bulls one day, and this is timbered NW, NOT EAST SIDE hunting.Work has been slow for me so I spent time in woods.3 years over 60 days hunting w/out spring bear. Last season 53 + 15 wolf hunting. On those years I passed about 6-8 bulls, each yr.smaller and younger. Fast forward this year. I saw 1 6pt. bull. In last 20 days of Nov. I saw 5 bucks,biggest a 2x3 muley.My last journal entry was"saw wolf tracks, ALL places I hunted, this is BS. I am used to working hard for my game, my son hardley hunted it was so poor locally. F&G WANTS TO RAISE prices because of loss in tag sales. ID was begging out of staters to come back. The youth elk for this nextr yr. is tenative canceled.And the wolf has such a strong hold , they are hard to manage hear in thick timber and rugged areas, they run same areas as cats.I have been able to harvest any animal I went after, In 15 solid days and another 40+ GENRAL I saw no wolf.Tracks everywhere, howling multiple times, but no luck.The demographic here is much different than AK OR Canada. If the wolf hits some of those small ecosystems like Bear Paw or HIGHwood, they are going to wipe the game out.My main hunting area is wilderness and has remained same for me whole life, has cats ,black and grizz, but the wolf is the straw that is the tipping point downwards. Guys like Rooster have posted about Yellowstone. Went there w/Dad and he shot a bison, town was hoping, when you went threw game check, cow success was 98-99 % and someone always brought a trophy bull home to our neck of the wood, if lucky to get tag. My fatherinlaw wrote the FIRST story in SOMETHING like field and stream. It was called the firing line, there was so much game, andsome management issues.He said all you had to do was walk down with a tag, no need for a a rifle, it was crazy w/elk. I would see 20 bulls single file. I never elk hunted there as I was young, and plenty elk here, not like the 20,000 that use to be there, that place is like a ghost town now. The damage is done and it will NEVER be like it was

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.