Wolf Hunting spot on forum?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by nitrousmudbogger, Apr 16, 2011.

1. nitrousmudbogger

nitrousmudbogger Well-Known Member

Can we get a wolf hunting spot on the forum?

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Me thinks its a bit premature for a 'woof' spot.

Wait until some of us have publishable pics and stories to post and a bit of a track record built up. Then it may be time.

3. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

I think it's also a bit premature since there is no legal hunting of wolves in the lower 48 at present time.... and yup, I know that will soon change with pending legislation :)

If I shoot a wolf, I'll be posting it right here in the long range hunting forum :)

And... my guess is that management will consider this forum and the varmint forum adequate.

Nice idea though.... somewhere there is a woof with my bullet's name on it :Dgun)

4. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Those dang time stamp on a pic can get a guy in some extra special kinda trouble gun)

5. buckbrush

buckbrush Well-Known Member

My thought is that the quieter wolf hunters are the better. No need to hoo an haw about killing one at the risk of being overheard by a wolf lover. Those types tend to make a lot of noise, legislation or not.

Just my opinion.

6. venom600

venom600 Well-Known Member

I tend to agree, buckbrush. As much as I'm looking forward to FWP formalizing a wolf season this year, I don't wanna go give opponents any reason to start squawking and trying to spin it into something it's not.

--Ben

7. nitrousmudbogger

I would say this week we should hear about the season times for montana this year.
    I dont think its premature. I think we need to get people riled up about it and talking about it. Get hunting dates good hunting places posted up. Place for people to post about preseason scouting etc.

8. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

i love them so much i would like to have two or three on my wall. wonder what the probablity is of me getting one or some being fromaz??

9. nitrousmudbogger

I would think anyone would have a good chance. They are going to be extremely tough to hunt but I'm going to this year even if I have to give up hunting other things. It will help out the other animals right away.

10. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Here's a start: There are spots not marked. Don't know how old this is.

Attached Files:

11. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what the quotes are. We need to get on the state reps and gov to reduce their numbers back to the original goal and shoot on site North of I 90.

12. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild