Wolf cure

threejones

My wolf cure just arrived. Bison Armory 6.8SPC 18' recon profile match barrel and Spikes lower (wearing a cheap Nikon Prostaff for now). Let's see some pics of your "wolf cure"
IMG_3907.jpg

Everythings at the shop so no pic. Winchester Model 100, 6.5x284, krieger barrel with a little more taper towards muzzle for a bit better offhand hold, brake suitable for prone to hopefully alow shooter to call shots a bit better More aggressive bolt handle for improved cold weather operation. MPI synthetic stock. I got the 2.5-8x Mark 4 M2 turrets, and now I'm waffling a bit and may go with my 3.5-10x Mark 4. Lock stock and barrel and scope finished in winter camo. I've seen the 100's shoot great, and some not so much. The donor 284 win I started with was only good for turning in if the gun laws get worse LOL. Smith has done several over the years and is confident sub MOA won't be a problem. Here's hoping.

Everythings at the shop so no pic. Winchester Model 100, 6.5x284, krieger barrel with a little more taper towards muzzle for a bit better offhand hold, brake suitable for prone to hopefully alow shooter to call shots a bit better More aggressive bolt handle for improved cold weather operation. MPI synthetic stock. I got the 2.5-8x Mark 4 M2 turrets, and now I'm waffling a bit and may go with my 3.5-10x Mark 4. Lock stock and barrel and scope finished in winter camo. I've seen the 100's shoot great, and some not so much. The donor 284 win I started with was only good for turning in if the gun laws get worse LOL. Smith has done several over the years and is confident sub MOA won't be a problem. Here's hoping.
Calling my own shots and the quick follow up were my reasoning for the AR (plus it seemed like a helluva good excuse to finally pick up an AR) You'll have to let us know how it turns out. I've always been a sucker for the Winny 100s too. When you get it back, don't forget the pics:D.

Sorry no pic. . . She's pulled apart and waiting to find it's way down to Grit's place in Utah for assembly with the new barrel.

Specs:

270 Allen Magnum - 169.5 Wildcats - 99 grains US-869 - 3250 FPS MV
Lilja - 3 groove - 8 twist - 28" long Plus DE Brake. 1.25 at the shank 0.75 at the base of brake.
Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20
Remington Trigger
Gonna try an SPS stock on her this time as she will see a lot of hawlin' and carryin'
This barrel isn't as big and impressive as the 30" heavier contour original. Thus looks out of place with the longrange specialty stock

Grit would have her now except some nosy surgeon sneaked in a cut out a chuck of a kidney when I wasn't lookin'. Let my tell ya . . . . Ouch!!! 4 weeks lifting no more than 10 pounds.

Calling my own shots and the quick follow up were my reasoning for the AR (plus it seemed like a helluva good excuse to finally pick up an AR) You'll have to let us know how it turns out. I've always been a sucker for the Winny 100s too. When you get it back, don't forget the pics:D.

I like the looks of your AR, looked hard at them, but I'll be crossing the border eventually, and I wasn't really able to nail down the laws. Even if legal I seem to match whatever profile customs is looking for as it is. The BC guides I know set baits on frozen lakes, and multiple targets happen at times. Mostly they've been setting up at 200, but see a lot more wolves at 500. Fellow this year had a few 450 plus, but was uncomfortable past 200. Another fellow coming this year, is also pushing the baits to 500. Interest has mostly been trapline, but more are becoming intrigued with the longer range shooting. They've had as many as 17 on the ice at a time, and I don't want to be working a bolt with targets in view. Shooting is often out a cabin window. I talked with them at the sportsmens show over the weekend, and they've booked up 2 years. Seems everybody wants a wolf right now. Lead time with good smith's is all that will slow me down. You folks will definitely get to see it when done.

Sorry no pic. . . She's pulled apart and waiting to find it's way down to Grit's place in Utah for assembly with the new barrel.

Specs:

270 Allen Magnum - 169.5 Wildcats - 99 grains US-869 - 3250 FPS MV
Lilja - 3 groove - 8 twist - 28" long Plus DE Brake. 1.25 at the shank 0.75 at the base of brake.
Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20
Remington Trigger
Gonna try an SPS stock on her this time as she will see a lot of hawlin' and carryin'
This barrel isn't as big and impressive as the 30" heavier contour original. Thus looks out of place with the longrange specialty stock

Grit would have her now except some nosy surgeon sneaked in a cut out a chuck of a kidney when I wasn't lookin'. Let my tell ya . . . . Ouch!!! 4 weeks lifting no more than 10 pounds.
Those **** surgeons are sneaky! (better check your wallet too, they'll hit multiple times if yer not watching:D) Hope the recovery goes quick for ya. We need your boots outta the closet and back on the ground!
Take care,
Cody

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.