Witch rifle best?

EastHunter

HI everione.

Im saving for a new rifle and wonder wich woull be the best for starting long range shooting(up to 500yds for me).The accumark in 340 is my first choose.
The recol make me doubt and y dont want a brake.
My other temtation are vanguard, 700 rem, TomsonCenter pro hunter and tika. All in 338win that is my other option insted of 340.
The TomsonCenter pro have the more point to my with the swich barrel tec.
Any sudgestion or preferrence? Maybe other mark of rifle???
Thank in advence.

I don't know "witch" rifle best, but a gorgeous D'Arcy Echols .270 cast a potent spell on me once. :D

Sorry, I just couldn't pass that one up.;)

Hi lewish y have look at it and find it wonderful. The power of 38wm is a litle lest power ful but the precison is far more better. And that what count!!!

If you want this 338 for long range hunting, then I recommend the 338 RUM in the REM 700 version. The ability to customize and build on this action is near limitless

Last edited:
What do you plan on hunting? I have a 300wsm submoa vanguard. Many vanguards I have owned all have a weakness IMO a bad trigger. Some worse than others. I have been able to get them all to shoot and shoot well with some load development.

Y plant to hunt moose with it. The think with 338 is the frontal diameter plus the précision on long range. Y have a 270win in 700adl sintec and i want more power. But in keeping the 270 for deer and close range. The 338ultra ave pleny of punch but the barrel life kind of worried my,The recol also is a factor.
Cand not pay my self a custom for now...but in the futur the 700 is a good base.

Y have alredy look at remington site. Since i whant a 338 round the only choose is the xcr. Im not sure of the 338utlra...Think of the 340 not so long ago... But the 338win is chiper to shoot and already more than y need.
Still can do long shoot with it. Y will have to go see in store and hold some rifle you guy sudgest to get the "feeling" of it. My hunting budy thend to be on 338win side to. My new rifle will be a toy synce y alredy got someting to hunt .
But i whant to make a god choose and that not easy...

If you want this 338 for long range hunting, then I recommend the 338 RUM in the REM 700 version. The ability to customize and build on this action is near limitless

If you're going to hunt at ranges greater than ~700 yds, I'd go with the 338 RUM also.

I have no more than 300yds were i hunting now but want to be able to go to 500yds. Got a place to practice. This is just in case on a trip or finding open field for deer. I that case will the 338win will do the job?
I dont know anything on long range for now either my friend. Us shoot are closse,The further i shoot on game is 150 feets, practice at 100yds.
But we all want to go further for the trill!! So that why y ask so many question on so many thing.

The 338 Win Mag will be plenty sufficient to shoot out to 500 yards. If that's the cartridge you like, it would be fine. It has plenty of power to kill moose out to 500 yards.

Hi gamehauler.

I dont think that im realated to hunnlee. Nerver rote to him.
Did he ask same kind of question as y do? The only chance their is is that
is one of mi friend that y dont know is on this site. If he got a chance to rote to me it could be fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.