Wisconsin competition opportunities

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I think I may like to hone my capabilities of shooting under pressure and under field conditions. What is available in Wisconsin for me and my 16 pound hunting rifle with bipod and brake?

[ 11-23-2004: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Len please post any info you get. I was planning to go to Iowa this summer and watch. Closest place I have found with a 1000 yard range. My home range only goes to 750.

Len & Budman,
I don't know how much of a trip it would be but next year I jsut recieved the request from the Varmint Hunters Assoc to host IBS 600yd BR matches next year in Pierre, SD. These matches use the same equipment rules as 1000yd BR and fire (4) 5 shot groups at 600yd that are agg'd together to determine the winner.
Maybe we'll see you in SD or Iowa next year sometime. The IBS 1000yd Nationals are going to he hosted by the Iowa club in 2005 so I'll definetly be there over the Labor Day weekend.

Steve

Come over to Pella Iowa we shoot 1000 Yard Ibs BR and will be shooting 1 Mile (1760 yards)matches in the spring
grin.gif

Crow Mag

Thanks, guys.

I don't know the rules of those comps. Can I use a bipod (prone) and a brake

Len there is a 1000 yd range just outside of Lodi Wi.. (north of Madison) I've heard they have some matches there, but I don't know what type or if they are open to the public. I haven't looked into it that far yet as I'm not ready for 1k yet. I think it's called Winnequa or something close to that.
Chris

Len

If you're at all like me I believe you'd like F-Class matches. Prone, bipod and sandsock, 600 and 1000 yards usually but sometimes there are 800 and 900 yard series too.

It's often 20 rounds for score with from 2 to unlimited sighters (time limits apply) but some of the Palma (800,900 and 1000) matches only use 15 rounds for score.

You may not be able to use a brake, best to check.

Front rest rear bag brakes are allowed on light gun #17 class 5 shot group 6 minuets for unlimited sighters 10 minuets for record group. Heavy gun is 10 shots you can shoot a LG in this class but the brake has to come off. No rules on 1 mile shoot 5 shot group. We shoot 2 HG and LG matches and 1 1 mile match on Sat They are also offering a 1000 Yard handgun match.
Crow Mag

Go to www.illinoishighpower.org and you'll find match info for the year, even in your area. My son lives in Heartland, a Western suburb of Milwaukee, and they have a club there. I have not looked into it yet but they list it on this website.
db

Len

I found this on the NRA match site, someone in WI to call.

Karin Liebetrau, xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx xx, Viola, WI 54664; (608) 625-6005 (hm)

Crow mag
Pella is where I plan to go. About 7 hours from here. Let me know the schedule when it's available. Thanks Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.