Windstop shell

trueblue

I am looking for some type of wind stop for top and bottom, that I can carry in my daypack while hunting and throw on in heavy wind conditions in cold weather.
I could carry rain gear, but tend to sweat in it as it does not breathe, so what do you guys use ? .

I started using kuiu Yukon jacket and pants two years ago. It breaths really well. I have used it from 50 degrees to 15 below. The pit zips and leg zips are great in warmer weather.

I have been wearing Sitka gear for several years now and I haven't need a breaker at all. I always wear a base layer and Sitka jacket and pants. Also I carry a puffy jacket that I wear when stopping and glossing if I need extra warmth. In real cold weather I put on a vest. I hunt coyotes all winter in this gear in Wyoming where it is always windy and I stay pretty warm. If it gets below zero I sometimes put on a big cover up but it doesn't breath well.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.