Windham Weaponry

I just bought my first AR. I live in Maine so the choice was not difficult on the brand. I have seen the varmint model and it seems well made, Nice gun. Some comments back to my local gun sop have been that they "shoot well" whatever that means.... Have you tested one yet?

My needs were for something that can be portable and compact so I went with the Model # R16M4FTT or the "SRC" model. This is a basic gun with no open sights just a rail on the top. Not what you would call a long range gun but i have a .260 rem for that. This one is going to ride in the truck, on the snowmobile and ATV so it needs to be lighter and compact.

This is my first AR and I have only fired 2 bushmasters before, both Made in Maine. The finish seems to be more even on my Windham and the fit is tight between the upper and lower. The trigger is not the best for accurate shooting, I'll have to see how it does on paper as I have not shot it yet, I'm waiting for my Leupold Mark AR to get here (2 more days to wait.....:D).

As far as accuracy I will post my findings with decent factory ammo on LRH when i test the gun out. I would love to hear from anyone who has fired a windham to see what you are getting for results. My objective is to have a compact weapon capable of "minute of coyote" accuracy at 450 yds.

Hi Jon. For me the choice was an easy one. I'm from Maine and wanted to support the local business. I have also heard WW customer service is great. I go the gun from my local firearms dealer. I do as much of my business as I can there and they treat me well.

I bought the Varmint Exterminator Model about 5 weeks ago.

Very good fit and finish. Tight.

I like the way it comes set up.

MOA is no trouble at all.

I think she is capable of .5 MOA if I change out the trigger, which is the only weak spot in my opinion.

Lifetime Guarantee. Good pedigree. I paid just a smidge less than I would have for a Stag.

I bought the Varmint Exterminator Model about 5 weeks ago.

Very good fit and finish. Tight.

I like the way it comes set up.

MOA is no trouble at all.

I think she is capable of .5 MOA if I change out the trigger, which is the only weak spot in my opinion.

Lifetime Guarantee. Good pedigree. I paid just a smidge less than I would have for a Stag.

Is $1,350 a pretty reasonable price for a brand new Varmint Exterminator given the times? I am not at all familiar witht he Windham and there are minimal reviews.

I know the AR price has increased significantly at my local gun shops, now there are no more to be had localy. If you can get one below list at all I would think you will be doing good given the times.

My Model # R16M4FTT (SRC model) is very accurate. I agree that the trigger is the only weak point in the gun (for my use) and I'll replace it eventually. The trigger has a heavy pull but it does break ok and is workable as is. I have only fired purchased ammo (not using cheap ammo but using ammo i can salvage decent brass from) and have not gotten into my reloads for it and have been able to shoot sub moa. Its accuracy is above my expectations.

I put a Leopold Mark AR on it. I'm OK with the scope it should fit the bill for what I want this gun for. I don't need it for precision long range but will use it for coyote hunting at medium range.

Same factory,owner,and a lot of the employees that made the Bushmaster before Remington? bought them out.Non compete clause expired and they are back in business as Windham Weaponry,Bought one just after the tragedy in Ct happened,put 40 rounds thru it,cleaned it and put in the safe.Economical nice rifle.Got mine before the price went nuts,200 below msrp at Cabelas.Not an expert but I like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.