• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Windage Adjustable Front Rest

well the barrel threads on the Savage is less then .010" smaller than the rem 700's so the action strength in not an issue and this action is CM , the troube with the savages actions needing to be the larger shank comes from the barrel nut issues as a small shank Savage the biggest part of the barrel is only 1.062" where when its set up like a remington with the choulder instead of the nut its a full 1.250" like the Rem , also the dramaticaly stronger material that this barrel is made from will only help the total stress allowance as the yield strength is more than 2x that of 416ss.

I think that the 338 lapua case is the way to go and if guys are getting close to 3000 fps with shortened versions of it and the 300RUM can get 3000fps from a 26" barrel then I'm sure that 3000fps from a full size Lapua improved case and a 30" barrel should be no trouble

Adress

Hello
I`m new to this forum and not sure about posting e-mail adresses to people. But if there`s someone on the board who wants the adress to the guy who makes these rests send me a PM.

Kind regards to you all.
Rolf, Sweden.