Winchester

7ultra

I'm looking around at some of the new varmint rifles, and was wondering what people thought of the CRPF action from Winchester. I have a custom built off of the old push feed, and never had a problem. How does the CRPF measure up?

It can make an extremely accurate LR rig. Phillip Yott, 1st IBS 1k shooter to get 100 match points last year shoots a mauser and 70 action, so accuracy is there for push feeds. Just not as many aftermarket goodies.

BH

i have the cheap winchester super shadow 270 wsm and it will shoot about .5 at 117 yards.i did have to free float the barrel to get that .its a best buy for the buck love winchester thanks,keith

I recently got a model 70 coyote (crpf action) in .270 WSM. I really like it. So far it shoots about 1/2" with my handloads, i did have the barrel floated and the trigger lightened. Only criticism of the action is the safety isnt as smooth as the classic actions. Its especially stiff going from fire to the middle position.

edited for sp.

[ 08-10-2004: Message edited by: jon12 ]

My Featherweight's safety was very stiff untill using the rifle for a while. Now its as smooth as butta
smile.gif

the super shadow is great .in 270 wsm i shot a 5 shot group at 730 yards the other day off of the roof of my car that was 8.5 inches.not to bad for a cheap rifle.sometimes it's more not less yet.but im not even using sand bags just a pack. i knew it would shoot with the low sd and es i was getting thanks,keith

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts