Winchester primers

muleyman

What are your guys' thought on these, specifically the large rifle. I have used the small ones in the past for my 223 with good results, but never anything else. I usually try to use Federal but good luck with that right now. My local range can get the winnies pretty easily.

I use the Winchester Large Rifle Magnum primers in my 7mag,7STW and 300 WSM.It gives me consistent velocities and I can get one ragged hole groups with the three rifles I use them in,so I guess they are purty good.The only thing I have noticed is,they seem to have a slightly smaller dia. than CCI primers,so they seat real easy.I haven't had any problems because of this and have seen no signs of blow by around them,but they do seat easier.

"...thought on these, specifically the large rifle. I have used the small ones in the past for my 223 with good results,.."

Thought? Well, seems likely that if the small ones are good the large ones will be too.

I agree the Winchester primers are slighter smaller in diameter than CCI, so as the primer pockets start to open up and expand the fit will be looser than CCI primers. If primer pockets get too loose for WLR primers, you may be able to get a few more shots out of the casings with the CCI 250 primers before having to throw away the cases.

What I've noticed too,Winchester cases seem to have a slightly larger dia. primer pocket than Remington.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.