Winchester Powder bought by Hodgdon

Now we need someone to produce Winchester WSSM cases ...

I was thinking of building a 25 WSSM but am unsure if brass will be available once Winchester closes down ...

If I understand correctly:
Winchester Ammunition (Olin) and Winchester Firearms (USRAC) are two separate companies sharing a liscense for the Winchester brand name. The firearms plant thats closing doesn't produce brass or ammo, so the closure wouldnt affect the brass production directly. BUT, indirectly I have no idea exactly what is going to happen to the brand name as a whole. Seems like Savage (or someone) would buy the USRAC branch and keep producing em (with some improvements) as a higher end of their own line. I dunno. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I like Wins. and hate to see that part of history go overseas.

Wow...this past year sure has been a change for reloading. First Hodgdon gets IMR, then Ramshot gets Accurate, and now Hodgdon gets Winchester Propellants. Who's Hodgdon going to set its sights on next? Alliant?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts