winchester model 70 for remington 700?

MudRunner2005, i have a buddy that shoots a 280AI, I really think that you will enjoy it! As far as different brass, im like you. I really havn't noticed that much of a difference with the brass that I use.(Remington&Winchester brass) Now I know as well as you that there are some that will dispute that( an that's ok)(to each his own) I can only speck for myself!!!:):D Only two of my rifles since ive owned them have had store bought ammo fired in them. I just want to say that I'm not saying anything bad about those that choose not to reload, it's just what I like to do. If this tread Offers any info or help to those that are on it, Great!!!! Then our job of helping is done! An that is what we are here for!! DT

I have decided to keep the rifle but I am going to make my own stock out of wood. I only need the dies and supplies to start reloading for it.

I have decided to keep the rifle but I am going to make my own stock out of wood. I only need the dies and supplies to start reloading for it.

Good call!!!!!! I personally think that you will enjoy your rifle even more! Regardless of what brand each of us likes, it's a great learning exsperiance! Feel free to ask questions an Dont be afraid to get out of your comfort zone. That's part of the fun of reloading!!! The more you do it, the more you learn!! I think that everything will turn out the way you want it too!!! Good Shooting To Ya!!!!

DT

Great call! Dick is right, no matter what brand of rifle it is, and no matter how good or bad it shoots, you can always make accurate reloads for it, and if that still doesn't help, letting a smith tinker with it will definitely help you out. I am not a Winchester fan....HOWEVER, that being said, the Model 70 can be made to be a tack-driver, with a fairly minimal amount of smith work, and a good barrel.

You will enjoy reloading. Like Dick said, at first you will be nervous about what to do, and where to get started. In time, you'll become very comfortable with the process.

First steps I did was figuring out the right settings to sonic clean and tumble-polish my brass I had been saving for years, and for how long to leave them in there. Looking back, if I were to do it all over again, I would just go ahead and get the Stainless Tumbling Media setup and be done with it. I'll probably end up buying that next year. For what I spend in sonic cleaning solution and tumbling media every couple months, it's worth it just to buy the Stainless setup and only have to buy cheap LemiShine and Dawn dish detergent for the stainless tumbling media setup from now on.

Buy reloading manuals for every brand of bullet you plan on loading for. Learning the right way to do things is key.

If you need tips, go to YouTube and look up IraqVeteran8888 and his basic how-to getting started reloading video. It's like 16 mins long, but all his videos are REALLY helpful.

Also, since it's a 7mm RemMag (one of my main calibers I reload for ALOT), if you ever need any advice or have any questions regarding the caliber, or load data, feel free to ask me anytime. I'll be more than happy to help.

I have been looking at buying the stainless tumber but I have a electric roller type machine that I think I can make my own tumbler out of it. I have shot the rifle at 800 yards and it showed a great deal of accuracy, a 2 shot 3 inch group! I didnt take my time so i think i might be able to do even better.

I have been looking at buying the stainless tumber but I have a electric roller type machine that I think I can make my own tumbler out of it. I have shot the rifle at 800 yards and it showed a great deal of accuracy, a 2 shot 3 inch group! I didnt take my time so i think i might be able to do even better.

3in group at 800!!!!! Don't touch it!!!! Reload for it an shoot!!!! Just my 2cts!!!

DT

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts