Winchester Model 70 Classic Laredo LRH

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by johnnyk, Oct 30, 2006.

1. johnnyk

johnnyk Well-Known Member

Folks,
    I have found a new Laredo in .300 Win Mag. I really like the looks of this rifle and believe it has potential. I have been shooting Sendero's and VS for years. Can this rifle possible compare accuracy wise? Anybody out there got one? Is it worth the $599.99 price tag? Please advise. Thanks in advance. JohnnyK.

2. Desert Fox

Desert Fox Well-Known Member

3. 22 Mag

22 Mag Member

I have one in 7mm Rem Mag. It shoots very good with the 140's or 160's my best gruops are under 1.00 inch with out much work. I like the stock alot. All I have done to it is clean and shoot. It is a bear to carry thru the woods though.
    You shoud have good luck with yours

22 Mag

4. 300win

300win Well-Known Member

I have owned and shot out two winchester lerados in 300 wm. Both shot great. I also worked with a 7mm rem mag that shot under 1 moa.

5. easton19

easton19 Member

I have a Laredo in 7mm stw mine is the plain barrel without the Boss system it will shoot 3/4"@100 most of the time with Federal factory loads the 150 Nosler solidbase I havent had time to work up any loads but I dont think that is bad for a factory rifle. chad

6. guilli

guilli New Member

can anyone tell me what the twist on a BOSS LRH 7mm mag

7. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

i had a 7mm rem mag. it was as good or better than a sendero. my son in-law won a 1000 yard match with it. i prefer the one with out a boss. it has 26inch barrel instead of 24. easily the equivalent of the blued sendero.

8. guilli

guilli New Member

I have bought some Berger hybrids that call for 1in9 or faster and I am not sure if I can use them in the LRH Boss 24in

9. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

If you won't buy it for that price let me know where it is and I will.

10. johnnyk

johnnyk Well-Known Member

This post has been resurrected from 8 years ago and spun off in a different direction. I never bought the Laredo. It was near Wilmington, NC and probably way gone by now.

guilli was asking about stabilization of Bergers in a BOSS LRH. What rifle are ye speaking of? I'm thinking Savage LRH with muzzle break. Let us know. Thanks. JohnnyK.