Winchester Medium Hunter 260 rem

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Lostdot, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Lostdot

Lostdot Member

this is my model 70 i built over a period of 9 months, i wanted to build a clean simple varmint style medium range hunting rifle. it runs a walther light benchrest varmint profile barrel in 260 rem, a hs precision varmint stock, leupy rings and bases and a nikon monarch x tactical scope. the rifle is cerakoted in sniper grey and it shoots a consistant genuine group of 0.5" @ 100yrds

so here it is in 260 rem

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Very nice. It looks as if you met your goal. That is sure something you can be proud of.

Ouch! on those rocks.:)

3. 4bycamper

4bycamper Well-Known Member

Very good looking rifle.
    What kind of barrel did you put on it? Weight? Length? Twist?

4. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Looks as good as it shoots. Tastefully done, very clean looking. Enjoy.

5. pablo

pablo Active Member

Lostdot

I recently built my 12 year old son his first rifle. It is almost identical to yours. It is a 260 AI built on a Savage Action, Hart 5.5 taper barrell, H&S Precision stock that is identical to yours except his has a 12 inch pull. The action is Cerrakoted and the barrell differs in that it is a matte stainless finish. His also shoots sub half inch groups. Very good, low recoiling, medium distance rifle that he can fire many times in a day of shooting, without flinching. He will occasionaly let me shoot it if we are doing load development.

6. pablo

pablo Active Member

I forgot to ask, what's a Winger?