Winchester Low Wall support

jholp

Long Range,

I have recently acquired a Winchester Low Wall rifle in 218 Bee. I want to know if there are discussion forums specifically directed at the low wall and high wall rifles?

I also want to know the leading gunsmiths that specialize in the low wall weapons. I have contacted Ballard rifles, they are in the process of moving at this time so are not up to speed at this time.

Somewhere I saw where there was a gunsmith that provided low wall services to include such things as conversion to center fire, supplied hardened falling block bolts, etc.

Thanks,

John D. Holp

low wall support

I have a friend that is a gunsmith that does fantastic work on them. He lives in extreme rural Minn, so rural he doesn't have access to a phone. If you are interested, I can get you an address to contact him, and he'll give you a call when he next goes to town.
wk

Minnesota

Small world, I grew up in North central Minnesota. A place called Pequot Lakes, up in the lake country.

I get up that way every year or two, so yes I would like the address and would enjoy knowing where this person is and perhaps schedule a visit up there on my next visit.

I am relatively sure there are discussion fourms on the Winchester 1885 low and high wall weapons but have not located them as of now.

John

low wall smith

Sorry for the wait. His name is Dr Robert Mordini. He can be reached at:

Wilderness Workshop
330 County Road 14
Grand Marais, MN 55604

Tell him Bill from Hays sent you.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.