Winchester Low Wall support

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by jholp, Nov 11, 2007.

1. jholp

jholp New Member

Long Range,

I have recently acquired a Winchester Low Wall rifle in 218 Bee. I want to know if there are discussion forums specifically directed at the low wall and high wall rifles?

I also want to know the leading gunsmiths that specialize in the low wall weapons. I have contacted Ballard rifles, they are in the process of moving at this time so are not up to speed at this time.

Somewhere I saw where there was a gunsmith that provided low wall services to include such things as conversion to center fire, supplied hardened falling block bolts, etc.

Thanks,

John D. Holp

2. wkinderknecht

wkinderknecht Well-Known Member

low wall support

I have a friend that is a gunsmith that does fantastic work on them. He lives in extreme rural Minn, so rural he doesn't have access to a phone. If you are interested, I can get you an address to contact him, and he'll give you a call when he next goes to town.
    wk

3. jholp

jholp New Member

Minnesota

Small world, I grew up in North central Minnesota. A place called Pequot Lakes, up in the lake country.

I get up that way every year or two, so yes I would like the address and would enjoy knowing where this person is and perhaps schedule a visit up there on my next visit.

I am relatively sure there are discussion fourms on the Winchester 1885 low and high wall weapons but have not located them as of now.

John

4. wkinderknecht

wkinderknecht Well-Known Member

low wall smith

Sorry for the wait. His name is Dr Robert Mordini. He can be reached at:

Wilderness Workshop
    330 County Road 14
    Grand Marais, MN 55604

Tell him Bill from Hays sent you.