Winchester increasing prices 17% across the baord

SidecarFlip

Was just on one of the numerous sites I visit and saw (to my disappointment) that Lohmans Arms www.lohmanarms.com has a blurb on their site alluding to the fact (or conjecture) that Winchester is raising prices 17% so they are raising their prices effective immediately.

I'll defer my opinion of that strategy.

Not that I buy Winchester anything.:D

I've always wanted to try a Winny, just because I never have I guess.... They're already overpriced (IMHO). Another 17% puts them in the lower end custom rifle market (well, nearly).

Pricing themselves out of business (again) as I see it. Who knows, maybe it's phuey & the vendor is just fronting for their own gain? :rolleyes:

t

Kinda sounds like management is up to their old tricks but since its a right to work state they don't have the union to blame it on, whose fault will it be this time? We shall see. I can tell you one thing it won't be managements fault. I'm going to go with greed!!!!!!!!!!

It's called corporate greed. It has been the downfall of many one-time decent corporations.

That's a pretty broad stroke. Is it really greed or just ****-poor management? I understand that capital & FOP drive EVERY company small or large but it can go much farther than that.

Who's in charge & why are they there? Somebody's nephew/niece? Perhaps a well intended & intelligent individual who has no concept of that particular aspect of business?

It shouldn't take much for the Winny board of directors to analzye their business model & compare it to that of Savage for instance. A company for all intended purposed is putting the boots to pretty much every domestic rifle company as of late.

Why are they succeeding & why aren't we?

There was a day when Winny was considered a premium rifle company & the demand for a premium rifle allowed for the premium cost. I don't believe that is fact anymore & Winny needs to realize that. They have been not only displaced but for all intended purposes ousted (& for good reason) from the top of the list. As far as i'm concerned, they've done nearly nothing to meet the market demands & have retained the rather outdated almost snobbish attitude of a marque rifle company.

They problem is, they are no longer a Marque company. Not with the smaller more agile companies such as Cooper & the like being more capable of producing a more refined, higher quality rifle to fill the slot once held by dare I say, a decadent Winchester Rifle Company.

Now, you might think that i've got a high-hard one for Winchester, that's honestly not true. I do however, have little to no respect for a company that can't get with the time & rise to the occasion. Some dinosaurs evolve & some become extinct, that's the way it is.

t

Tyler,

You already know my opinion on this matter...

So what if "SOMEONE" made Winchester (and the gun and ammo manufacturers) an offer that they couldn't refuse? Something along the lines of "if you price your goods so high that the regular guy can't afford them AND you cut back on your ammo and components production (Hogdon powder is Winchester powder), then WE will make it worth your while and make up the difference."

Sounds feasible to me.

All of those guys are Masons anyway, so the 'brotherhood' will take care of each other.

Here again, the government appears is using it's leverage to restrict the ability of Americans to defend themselves when the time comes.

I was looking for ammo online last night. Winchester is not the only offender. Federal 300WM Match was priced at $94 A BOX!! This was at either Midway or Brownell's, don't recall which. No matter... that's just insanity!

So, now how do we counter this... I'm thinking boycott.

Just the way I see the dots connecting.

Animo et Fide "Courage and Faith"

DocB

Tyler,

You already know my opinion on this matter...

So what if "SOMEONE" made Winchester (and the gun and ammo manufacturers) an offer that they couldn't refuse? Something along the lines of "if you price your goods so high that the regular guy can't afford them AND you cut back on your ammo and components production (Hogdon powder is Winchester powder), then WE will make it worth your while and make up the difference."

Sounds feasible to me.

All of those guys are Masons anyway, so the 'brotherhood' will take care of each other.

Here again, the government appears is using it's leverage to restrict the ability of Americans to defend themselves when the time comes.

I was looking for ammo online last night. Winchester is not the only offender. Federal 300WM Match was priced at $94 A BOX!! This was at either Midway or Brownell's, don't recall which. No matter... that's just insanity!

So, now how do we counter this... I'm thinking boycott.

Just the way I see the dots connecting.

Animo et Fide "Courage and Faith"

DocB

Really?!?
Blaming the Masonic Brotherhood? Wow!

So who killed Kennedy ? Come on man, we all wanna know!

Good grief. Everyone is looking for a scape goat.

I'm a Winchester freak, & own a pile of them. That being said, I'd just as soon buy a used Win-70 & have another semi custom built on my favorite action of all time, for quite a few hundred $ more, than fork out what Winchester wants for a new rifle.
I'm almost, but not quite in agreement with Outlaw, with the major exception being I wouldn't own a cheapo Savage, because I like fit, finish, & feel of much nicer rifles. Cheap isn't the do all end all, & I think he & I both agree on that. But a Very high level of accuracy should be Expected for the price Winchester charges for their rifles, which is the point I believe Outlaw was making.
Especially when some cheap plastic, rough as a Cobb rifles (like Savage) are known to be Very accurate for a lot less $.

Everyone develops opinions based on personal experience. Now you've got one more.

Oh, & I'm not a Mason, or an Illuminate' or affiliated with the Masons, Winchester, or Kennedy in any way. Sheesh!:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts