Winchester Coyote

bull

I read Ian's review of the Winchester "stealth" rifle and was interested if anyone here had experience with the "coyote". It sure is a good looking rifle. Thanks

Bull,
I know a fellow who has had a Coyote in .22-250 since shortly after they were introduced. Like you said it is a very nice rifle. His particular rifle needed trigger work (they all do) and he says that it was fairly particular about accuracy, he played around with a lot of loads and found that Hornady V-Max bullets shot best in his particular rifle.
Local shop has two more Coyotes, both .22-250's and they are very nice handling varminters. You can carry them easily whereas the Stealth is a handfull.

Nice dark stained laminated stocks that fit well, medium weight barrel.

bull,
The few reports I hear on the Coyote have all been favorable. They certainly look cool as well. As far as comparing the Coyote versus the Stealth, it sort of depends on what you plan on doing with it. If you plan on carring the gun very much, the coyote is the way to go. If you have the luxury of a bench, the Stealth offers a little more barrel length and recoil reducing weight.
smile.gif

Bull,I have owned both in 22-250.The Stealth shot well but it does not shoot better than the coyote.They are both fine gun's.I still own the coyote.The Stealth was traded for a pistol..I don't think one is better than the other.One is just a few pound's lighter with a two inch shorter barrel

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.