Winchester 52B repro advice

kfrye

Hi Guys,

I have one of the 1993 reissue guns that I am looking to accurize to make practice sessions longer and cheaper, 338's are hungry critters.

I am looking for advice from anyone who has or had one of these and if they did anything at all to really make them shoot. I haven't pulled the trigger on mine yet, but was considering having it bedded, bore lapped and the crown touched up in case it does not shoot exceptionally well. Any pointers on ammo for great groups that won't break the bank either, I don't want to spend big money on Eley ammo to practice with but don't want to go nuts dialing in with economy packs either.

Thanks

May need to only do a trigger job. Mine shoots very well just as issued,except for a trigger job.(Removing the lawyer pin) Aguila shoots great in mine. You may find elevation to be a problem if you extend the range very far. Good luck.

Is the lawyer pin something that can be removed easily, or is it a smith only job?

First take action out of stock. Use good fitting screwdriver.
Pin is a roll pin located close to weight adjustment screw on the trigger. Drift it out and adjust trigger. Takes a 1/16" punch to remove. Others have replaced trigger spring with a lighter one also. Just be careful and good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.