win 1300 slug gun

Discussion in 'Long Range Shotgun Slug Hunting' started by iron brigade, Feb 15, 2011.

1. iron brigade

iron brigade Member

Hi gang,
    i recently purchased a rifled barrel for my 1300 12 ga. i plan on shooting and hunting with barnes expander slugs in it provided the gun shoots them well.

would like to hear some reports/experiences using this or any other combo that you use in your 1300. btw i really enjoy this site:)

2. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

Think you will find each gun is unto its own, so I would not get too excited about what someone else's gun shoots.

Hint Hint, if two shots don't group, the 3rd will not tighten the group up!

I would recommend those, the Hornady SST and maybe the Lightfields in that order. I would shoot the 2 3/4. The 3" are slobber knockers for sure and not needed.

You will need a very strong mount and bases. Ballistics are comporable for all three and Federal has an online ballistics calculator that will work

BH

3. zainab783

zainab783 New Member

wow its a great idea you have share with us in this forum so keep it up....

4. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

This was taken from the off side of a deer @ 175yards quartering hard......The other three blew right on through!
    [​IMG]

5. bullfrog

bullfrog Well-Known Member

Winchester partition gold and Remington Core Lokt Ultra shot very well in my 1300. The Hornady SST did not.

Do not even try to use a saddle mount as a scope mount. I've tried 2 different brands and the 1300 is not suited for this type of mount. Drilling and tapping the receiver was the only option that worked for me.

I would also recommend the 2 3/4" over the 3". I've never seen a deer notice the difference but I sure did.