Wilson Inline Seating Dies

Thanks for the advice. Just out of curiosity is the shooting range on rampart range road still open? i was stationed at Carson for a few years and I always enjoyed making a weekend going out there by garden of the gods. CO is a very nice state.

It's still there don't know how long it will last talk of it getting closed down. Well good luck

As far as getting cases out of a Wilson seater - sometimes they fall out, sometimes a light tap at an angle on the bench top will pop it loose, and sometimes I have to take a small 1/8" flat blade screwdriver from the local hardware store and snag the case rim and lever it out. I've tried using a thumbnail, but I've peeled 'em back a couple times too many and just go for the screwdriver if needed. Ideally they should just fall out, but occasionally the dimensional tolerances stack the wrong way and you get a seater that is just a RCH too tight in the body and the cases want to stick in there. I could probably get it honed/reamed out just a skosh (slightly more than a RCH) and fix the problem, but I've procrastinated this long about it... :rolleyes:

"I just got a Redding Comp seater for the 243AI so far groups are the same..."

If, and how much, improvement you see will depend a lot on how good your original seater was. Some conventonal seaters are quite good.

But, the sizers and cases themselves make a LOT of difference. No seater can make straight ammo if the necks are bent or not concentric.

"I just got a Redding Comp seater for the 243AI so far groups are the same..."

If, and how much, improvement you see will depend a lot on how good your original seater was. Some conventonal seaters are quite good.

But, the sizers and cases themselves make a LOT of difference. No seater can make straight ammo if the necks are bent or not concentric.

I agree with you 100% to a point. You need a good rifle build right and the ability to tell if changes you make have an effect on group size.

Just buying Wilson dies doesn't automaticaly turn a rifle groups smaller it always been a combination of things. I have a press that has a locking spring device for the shell holder if I don't lock the shell holder it floats and I think it better aligns with threaded seating die.

Got to be careful that reloading doesn't become full time job.

thanks for the picture. So then the redding bushings just slip right in there with no slop and no machineing huh? I gotcha, no I don't expect to just buy a magic set of dies and then shoot flies at 1000yards but thanks for the heads up. lets turn this discussion in a slightley differant direction. I would like to see a list of every little thing you can do to enchance accuracy. That way we can get straight on what works and what dosen't. Thanks guys

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.