Will this stock work for my Sendero

Troutslayer

This is on the for sale board:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f42/fs-mcmillan-a3-rem-700-la-woodland-camo-46906/

I have a Sendero SFII long action in .300 RUM. I do not really like the factory stock, palm swale to big for my hands. I want to install a Wyatt's box mag anyway on my way to shooting out this barrel and making this thing an edge. If I buy this stock (semi-local, which helps) can I use it with my long action? What are the pros and cons of a stock that has already been bedded and will the inletting that has been done on it get in the way of what I am trying to accomplish?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

43 Views and no one can say if this might work? I guess I will talk to my gunsmith, though this ain't the time of year to be bothering him with this kind of stuff.

This is on the for sale board:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f42/fs-mcmillan-a3-rem-700-la-woodland-camo-46906/

I have a Sendero SFII long action in .300 RUM. I do not really like the factory stock, palm swale to big for my hands. I want to install a Wyatt's box mag anyway on my way to shooting out this barrel and making this thing an edge. If I buy this stock (semi-local, which helps) can I use it with my long action? What are the pros and cons of a stock that has already been bedded and will the inletting that has been done on it get in the way of what I am trying to accomplish?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

The barrel channel will be the most important issue. If the barrel is the same contour as
the one that was in the stock or a little smaller you should not have a problem.

If you have to open it up very much it could be a problem if you cut into the core.

As far as the bedding ; simply clean the old bedding with solvent that will remove any gun
oil and then rough it up with sand paper and skim bed it.

J E CUSTOM

As far as I know the Sendro is the contour of the barrel and rifle package. A 700LA is a 700LA, so I would think it would fit with out issue. As any after market product is concerned, you may need to make some minor alterations to fit it. Then make sure you bed it for a matched fit for your action.

Tank

As far as the bedding ; simply clean the old bedding with solvent that will remove any gun
oil and then rough it up with sand paper and skim bed it.

J E CUSTOM

J E Custom is correct.
As long as you properly re-bed it, it will be fine.

The barrel channel should be the same as what you have on your rifle.
Minor adjustments may have to be made to the barrel channel when it's bedded.

The description of the stock for sale is incorrect. The stock pictured for sale is a McMillan A-2, not an A-3. But I guess that really doesn't matter as long as you like it.

The stock should fit your rifle without any problems. It will definitely be free floated, as 1.2 inches at the forend is wider than your barrel. I would skim bed it as others have mentioned.

Also, if you want to sell your HS stock for s decent price, shoot me a pm.

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.