Will these rings / bases / scope (zeiss) / gun (savage) work together?

BlackSS

Savage 110 FLCP 270 WSM
Zeiss Conquest 4.5 - 14 x 50 AO MC
Burris XTB-SavR rev Savage shrt/long rnd rear Matte Black Xtreme Tactical Steel 2-Piece Base
Burris Xtreme Tactical 1 Inch Matte Black High 3/4Inch Height Two Rings
I'm also going to get a 9-13" LM Series "S" harris bi pod.

Are the bases the correct ones, and will the 3/4" rings be tall enough?
Any comments on the bipod?

I'm mail ordering all this stuff, so I can't actually try any of it ahead of time.

Savage 110 FLCP 270 WSM
Zeiss Conquest 4.5 - 14 x 50 AO MC
Burris XTB-SavR rev Savage shrt/long rnd rear Matte Black Xtreme Tactical Steel 2-Piece Base
Burris Xtreme Tactical 1 Inch Matte Black High 3/4Inch Height Two Rings
I'm also going to get a 9-13" LM Series "S" harris bi pod.

Are the bases the correct ones, and will the 3/4" rings be tall enough?
Any comments on the bipod?

I'm mail ordering all this stuff, so I can't actually try any of it ahead of time.

If I'm not mistaken the 3/4" are the tall rings. IF not, then you want the mediums for the 50mm objective. Everything else looks good. I would suggest the one piece from EGW. They cost 39.99 and you can get them in 0MOA and 20MOA. I own two of them and they are nice and sturdy. My cousin has the target action with a 1" contour barrel and uses the EGW and Medium XTR's with his Bushnell 4200 Elite Tac with 50mm bell. He has plenty of room.

I would be excited to hear how this all works out. The 270WSM is a very interesting cartridge. Keep us updated if you would. Make sure you do a barrel break in also.

Tank

Yes, 3/4" are tall.
I'm glad to hear the medium height rings will work.
I am going with s 2 piece base because this is a left handed gun. I haven't even looked, but I would think that is going to limit my choices in a 1 piece base.

Yes, 3/4" are tall.
I'm glad to hear the medium height rings will work.
I am going with s 2 piece base because this is a left handed gun. I haven't even looked, but I would think that is going to limit my choices in a 1 piece base.

I just looked at my EGW to confirm my suspicion, but they are not RH or LH specific. You could use one base for either strong side. I see a one piece in your future! ;)

http://egw-guns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_128&products_id=179

Tank

Does everybody agree that medium rings will work with the 50 mm objective lens of the Zeiss with a heavy barrel?

I have 3 Zeiss scopes, all 50mm obj., all are mounted in med. rings, and they all are over varmit contour or heavier barrels. I will say this though, on two of them I couldn't get the bikini covers on without notching them out a bit, so it is fairly close.

Chris

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to getting a 20 moa base if I won't need it? I will realistically not be doing much shooting beyond 400 - 500 yards and don't need the added elevation.

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to getting a 20 moa base if I won't need it? I will realistically not be doing much shooting beyond 400 - 500 yards and don't need the added elevation.

Nope, a flat base will do ya. Even with the flat and the 270 WSM you probably will be able to hit 1K with little effort. In my opinion the 270WSM is defying all logic in long range. It can squirt a bullet fast enough that in some cases trumps the BC factor. On the other hand, using a 20MOA will give you more clicks of elevation. That is 20 less minutes (theoretically, probably more like 10 to 15) you have to use to find zero and still have some left over for reaching out. How many MOA of travel does the Zeiss offer in the model you have? If it is more than 50MOA than you are good to go with a flat base.

Tank

it is advertised at 68 moa, should be way more than I need. I'll go with the flat base.

meduim clear my my sorter barrel by almost a 1/4 on a 56mm bell on egw 20 moa base depending on your barrel you could go with low burris xtr but meduim will have no problem clearing a bull barrel

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.